• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Science Selective House Rabbit Food

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
Popped in to my local pet shop & they'd got SS House Rabbit nuggets (they ordered by mistake apparently). Got some as they were the only SS they had (almost £2 more than the regular for 1.5k :shock:).

Does anyone choose to feed these? Wonder if they were gimmick-y or not.

Mouse however is finding them really tasty (maybe as they have thyme in & she loves that) - she won't normally eat nuggets dry these days but these she will

Popped in to my local pet shop & they'd got SS House Rabbit nuggets (they ordered by mistake apparently). Got some as they were the only SS they had (almost £2 more than the regular for 1.5k :shock:).

Does anyone choose to feed these? Wonder if they were gimmick-y or not.

Mouse however is finding them really tasty (maybe as they have thyme in & she loves that) - she won't normally eat nuggets dry these days but these she will

Have just compared the nutritional info between the House ones and the normal ones. Looks like all very similar apart from Vits A and D, where the House ones are slightly higher. The base ingredients are quite different though. The House is based on Timothy Hay and the normal is based on Alfalfa. The House ones are very similar ingredients to their grain-free ones.

I wouldn't pay the extra for any of them, partly because I don't think the increased cost of the 'specials' can be justified. I did try the grain-free ones a while back and my two weren't that keen.

I think your main justification for getting the House ones would be the Thyme :)

Have just compared the nutritional info between the House ones and the normal ones. Looks like all very similar apart from Vits A and D, where the House ones are slightly higher. The base ingredients are quite different though. The House is based on Timothy Hay and the normal is based on Alfalfa. The House ones are very similar ingredients to their grain-free ones.

I wouldn't pay the extra for any of them, partly because I don't think the increased cost of the 'specials' can be justified. I did try the grain-free ones a while back and my two weren't that keen.

I think your main justification for getting the House ones would be the Thyme :)
My lot love the grain free ones! Weird how buns can be so picky and different. I nearly dropped down dead the other night, Clementine ate some dried carrot.. Not once in her life has she eaten carrot in any form, it was considered poison [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Actually I think they sound ok - extra Vit A and D and Timothy instead of Alfalfa. How much do you normally pay for SS? I pay £21.

Actually I think they sound ok - extra Vit A and D and Timothy instead of Alfalfa. How much do you normally pay for SS? I pay £21.

I think it was £4.69 for the 1.5k bag for regular & £6.39 for the House Rabbit ones

To be honest they are worth the extra for Mouse as feeding wet nuggets has problems in they are not nice once they've been hanging around a few hours
Saw them online & they are much cheaper. Annoying as I put in an order for Joint support tabs & panacr today so could have used that delivery

Thanks to everybun for their thoughts - just what I was after. I never even knew they were made - I know burgess do a house bunny version

New bunny is on SS pellets so I’m going to have to go find some this weekend. Never bought them for rabbits before

Back