• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Its Dental Day

He's eaten his dinner and a bit of hay and now conked out for a nice chill session.

He's still on all his gut meds and metacam for 2 days and then we shall see how he does without. Fingers crossed it was the teeth and we can get back to normal for a bit.

She combines foot flicking with pooping very effectively this girl! Between that and the growling when I touch the wrong places and the purring when I get it right she's one very expressive bunny!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

He's eaten his dinner and a bit of hay and now conked out for a nice chill session.

He's still on all his gut meds and metacam for 2 days and then we shall see how he does without. Fingers crossed it was the teeth and we can get back to normal for a bit.

She combines foot flicking with pooping very effectively this girl! Between that and the growling when I touch the wrong places and the purring when I get it right she's one very expressive bunny!

Oh Blossom, I do love a Bun with attitude :lol:

Hopefully Rodders won’t need any meds now his teeth are sorted x

Not so great this morning. Possibly the anesthetic still working it's way through. He's quite relaxed and flopped out but not bothered to eat much.

He tries a nibble of everything but no actual munching. We have to syringe feed him with his meds anyway as he just dribbles it all out otherwise so we'll have to top him up for a few hours and see how we go.

I know they can gave sore jaws after the dentals and he's probably put off by his mouth feeling different.

I'm sorry he's not doing so well this morning. :( I hope his mouth will feel more comfortable soon, and that he's okay with syringe feeding. Lots of vibes for Rodney.

Than you for all the vibes. He's still quite off bless him.

Eats bits of stuff but not enough. We're syringe feeding him with his meds but trying to avoid extra feeds by sitting with him and giving him bits til he snaps and eats them every so often.

Poor Rodney :( I hope he starts eating a bit more for himself soon. Have you tried softening his pellets and offering them on a spoon? Tethra has decided he really likes them like that :)

He hates soft foods! He will eat a couple of hard nuggets when I hand them over but wet ones are completely rejected.

I've got the impression he doesnt like having a wet chin or beard.

Bless him, I hope he picks him soon. One of my rabbits is the same with anything wet, even certain types of veg or if it's not dried after being washed!

Yes we're having the same issue with wet veggies. He used tolerate damp washed ones but now not at all bless him.

But he is happily eating an apple stick whole. I just don't understand it at all.

Rodney is now eating nuggets and fresh food as normal. Hay is a bit of a work in progress but I'm hoping some new hays will encourage that a bit!

He's off the meds and I'm getting loads of binkies and such. Poo is good for what he's eating but hopefully will improve with more hay.

Rodney is now eating nuggets and fresh food as normal. Hay is a bit of a work in progress but I'm hoping some new hays will encourage that a bit!

He's off the meds and I'm getting loads of binkies and such. Poo is good for what he's eating but hopefully will improve with more hay.

What a good lad :love: I'm so pleased :D

I’m glad that he is improving :love: fingers crossed he will eat more hay, to help his teeth:thumb:

Back