• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Its Dental Day

Just dropped Rodney and Blossom off for his dental.

I know they'll be spoiled all day as unfortunately they're at the the vets often enough to be well loved by all the nurses but it still fills me with terror driving away!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Sending loads of vibes for Rodney. I hope everything goes well and they are both soon home with you.

Aw, I hope Rodney's dental will go well and that they'll enjoy being spoiled. Lots of vibes for him. :love: And I hope you'll get a call soon that everything went fine, so you don't have to worry anymore.

Hope all goes well for Rodders :love:
Oh that reminds me how much he loves being called that. His favourite lady at the rescue nicknamed him that and he always does a little dance when we do.

Thank you for all the vibes hopefully he'll be going in early so I hear back soon. He's having a leg iv put in this time as his ear hasnt recovered from the one 3 weeks ago so may be a permanent helicopter ear depending on his exam!

He's through the anesthetic and doing well!

Picking him up at 4.30 so shall hopefully find out if his helicopter ear is likely to stay then.

And Blossom has eaten the whole bag of hay I sent in with her [emoji23]

They're home! He's bright and alert and nibbling little bits.

Blossom is very angry and revenge pooping everywhere. I'm not sure she enjoyed keeping him in check all day.

The nurses said he was much better behaved with her and didn't stomp or maul any of them. Said nurse still has a scar from his last visit [emoji51] but still seems to love him.

Hopefully he'll continue his recovery nicely apparently his helicopter ear may heal or may not, there's nothing wrong it's just not standing up anymore. Cartilage damage possibly.
84a400b974aac758fb345d8d8fb04c62.jpg

"Revenge pooping" :lol: How good of Rodney to be much better behaved. I'm glad he's bright and alert and nibbling. I hope he'll be back to eating well soon. :love:

Back