• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit hearing now online with pictures!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
That piece I wrote about rabbit hearing is now live: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/research/groups/hearingsciences/ear-facts/hearing-in-animals.aspx Now with added hilariously-captioned pictures :D

I'll be adding a link to the RWAF at the bottom (because I forgot last night) and I might add a bit about the rabbits featured :)

Feel free to check through the rest of the site etc., if you're interested, but this isn't fully 'released' yet (it has gone public but the public haven't been told yet, not until it's finalised :lol:), and if you find any spelling, link etc. mistakes let me know :D

Excellent, well done !

Now you just have to get yourself to 10 Downing Street and get the Band of Muppets who’s Boss lives there to use their ears :lol:

That's really interesting KK, that little black & white lop looks just like my Treacle :D well done you, and thanks for sharing :thumb:

This is great! You covered so much in a fairly short text, and your explanations are so clear. I love the photos and the captions, too. :love:

I did find a typo: "Lop rabbits and other short-skulled breeds, including lionheads (see the brown arabbit above) and Netherland Dwarfs"

Amazing :love: I was half expecting a rabbit up in court for a crime committed though :lol:

Now you just have to get yourself to 10 Downing Street and get the Band of Muppets who’s Boss lives there to use their ears :lol:
:lol: I'll send Aboleth to haunt them XD

That's really interesting KK, that little black & white lop looks just like my Treacle :D well done you, and thanks for sharing :thumb:
Thankyou! Lopsy does seem to have lots of 'cousins' :D I dunno how he feels about being famous XD

This is great! You covered so much in a fairly short text, and your explanations are so clear. I love the photos and the captions, too. :love:

I did find a typo: "Lop rabbits and other short-skulled breeds, including lionheads (see the brown arabbit above) and Netherland Dwarfs"
Thankyou very much! Yes, I noticed that typo on my own quick readthrough as well, thankyou!

Amazing :love: I was half expecting a rabbit up in court for a crime committed though :lol:
LMAO, well Lopsy's the 'big' star of this piece and he's scared of helicopters, so Matt said he must've been a convict in a previous life :lol:

Interesting. My blue eyed white lionhead x Daisy is deaf and her ears are lopped (sometimes helicopter). Luckily she has Frosty to hear for her.

Update: we got feedback for the webpages from our research group's Young People's Advisory Group and they all really liked the link to the RWAF, they said it was really useful for people to go and learn more, and it was really important to include it. Which just goes to show, if you put the info out there, people can read it :D

Update: we got feedback for the webpages from our research group's Young People's Advisory Group and they all really liked the link to the RWAF, they said it was really useful for people to go and learn more, and it was really important to include it. Which just goes to show, if you put the info out there, people can read it :D
That's great that simply putting that link there will help people learn more about rabbits! :D

Back