• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella has arrived

Bigbunnybella

Young Bun
This evening we have been to collect Bella. She is to be a new best friend (hopefully) for my little buck who lost his wife.
I was unable to find an older girl, especially because of lockdown and Covid rules, so have bought a baby.
She seems quite chilled, I did find a heat pad for her as I was worried she’d be cold. Obviously they are separated by mesh panels for now but can say hello through that.
So I will be reading up now on bonding etc. I think she’s too young just yet (9/10 weeks)
Super cute though and far more friendly than Jonny. I’m hoping she may teach him I’m not so bad after time!
Really pleased with her.

How exciting :D Personally I always quarantine any new intakes for at least 14 days . It’d get her vaccinated ASAP too. I hope that she settles in well x

Young Rabbits are usually easier to bond with an existing Buck before they become territorial. Hope Bella settles in well.

Young Rabbits are usually easier to bond with an existing Buck before they become territorial. Hope Bella settles in well.

Interested in this!
I thought I had to wait for her to be spayed before trying. This I think is going to be quite a time yet, 6 months I believe?
Can I start introducing them a little sooner? Before she’s spayed or is that not going to work?
She’s been vaccinated last week. The breeder took her.

Interested in this!
I thought I had to wait for her to be spayed before trying. This I think is going to be quite a time yet, 6 months I believe?
Can I start introducing them a little sooner? Before she’s spayed or is that not going to work?
She’s been vaccinated last week. The breeder took her.

I’d leave introducing them until 3 weeks after her vaccination, assuming it was the Nobivac Myxo RHD Plus that she had,as it takes 3 weeks for a full immune response to be established.

Once she has got full immunity from her vaccination, I would certainly try bonding them. I bonded a 3 month old doe with my existing buck and it went extremely well. They bonded very quickly. They stayed together from then on and he went to the vets with her when she was spayed with no problems. They are still together and have had absolutely no problems.

Once she has got full immunity from her vaccination, I would certainly try bonding them. I bonded a 3 month old doe with my existing buck and it went extremely well. They bonded very quickly. They stayed together from then on and he went to the vets with her when she was spayed with no problems. They are still together and have had absolutely no problems.
Perfect! That makes me happier!

I’ve just been out to visit, I lay on the floor in her house and she came over to investigate! Had a clamber on me and some fuss and carrot. She’s very inquisitive and playful. I’ve always had unwanted adults, always a bit nervous so it’s a real treat to have one that enjoys attention 🥰

Back