Thread: Ear problem

Default Ear problem

My bunny has an allergy to something, which we donít know what. Itís causing his ear to be inflamed and narrowing the ear canal, after lots of treatment heís on maxitrol an eye drop we are using as an ear drop. But itís a steroid, it did bring it under control. The problem is trying to take him off it, he just goes back to scratching and head shaking. Did try colloidal silver for a month but didnít seem to do the trick. The vet says itís not a long term solution. Anyone have any similar problems with their bunny?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny1000 View Post
    My bunny has an allergy to something, which we don’t know what. It’s causing his ear to be inflamed and narrowing the ear canal, after lots of treatment he’s on maxitrol an eye drop we are using as an ear drop. But it’s a steroid, it did bring it under control. The problem is trying to take him off it, he just goes back to scratching and head shaking. Did try colloidal silver for a month but didn’t seem to do the trick. The vet says it’s not a long term solution. Anyone have any similar problems with their bunny?
    What diagnostics has the Vet done to come up with a diagnosis of an allergy ??

I used to be ĎJackís-Janeí but I have been logged out of that account and I canít get back in !

Block the building of a Rabbit Meat Farm in Cornwall
    http://chng.it/McbytJf7bP

He said there are no allergy tests you can do on rabbits. But he thinks thatís what the problem is. The steroid takes down the inflammation. He said it might only happen at certain times of the year. I got him in April last year and he was fine until September.