• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another new hay company

I can't tell you how grateful I've been to this thread, as fussy Pearl pig, who always needs lots of feeding up to not lose weight, really likes the orchard hay. So glad I found it.

reviving this thread to show my 15kg of hay I just got in :lol:

image0.jpg

orchard is the only thing Orion will eat - he hates meadow (still have some left :roll: ), this should last us a while

babies also prefer orchard but will eat anything

might just throw the little bit of meadow we have out, not really enough to give it away

Is this your first Herby Hay order? Do let us know how it goes down.

Could you not use up the meadow just to top up the litter trays. I do this as they waste loads each litter change anyway so may as well waste the inferior stuff

Night before last I had a dream I had a stall at the community centre down the road where I was supposed to be selling my business stuff. However I decided it would be much better to use my stall to tell people about all the lovely hay they could feed their bunnies:lol:. In my dream I had lots of people waiting at my stall as I aimlessly sifted through loads of cardboard boxes in a panic cos I couldn't tell which hay was which

:lol: that’s like the kind of dream I would have!

Is this your first Herby Hay order? Do let us know how it goes down.

Could you not use up the meadow just to top up the litter trays. I do this as they waste loads each litter change anyway so may as well waste the inferior stuff

it is yeah, I saw orchard hay and figured why not, its the only thing Orion will eat atm!! he genuinely starved himself when I offered meadow, he essentially didn't eat for a couple of days (minus pellet and veggies) :shock:

I don't use hay in litter trays - not purposefully anyway. puppy pad, wood pellet cat litter, and then I offer hay in a hay rack and bowl, so Orion has a choice on what he's after. ofc some hay gets around the litter box but I don't usually line it unfortunately :?

he just pulls the meadow out if I try to mix it, little **** :lol:

back to report:

hay is lovely green, its a softer, not very stalky.

Orion utterly loves it, hardly any waste at all!

babies its also a hit, never seen them eat so much, they prefer a refill of orchard over the alfalfa sometimes. Juno even wanted hay over pellet this morning :shock:

my only complaint is that they sent a taster pack of timothy, in a paper bag, and well, I'm pretty allergic to timothy. I opened the parcel it came in (unknown to me), and ended up having a reaction. my BF threw it outside because I felt like I couldn't breathe being in the same room, and that was in a paper bag. so. if anybody is allergic, and they send another parcel, don't open it :lol:

Does anybun still use this company (Healthy Herby)? I've been hankering for rye hay for some reason (well I'm sure the reason MUST be telephathic messages from my buns:lol:). Contacted M&T haylage & they only send 4.5k @ £20 (incl del). Felt a bit expensive as last time it was a 12.5k bag with del for £25. So what do I do - buy 6 sample hays costing £22 & amounting to only 3k:lol: If anybun is buying it, whats their fave? Wish my bunnies liked meadow hay

I stopped, because I had a batch full of lice. Not that it's uncommon at all in hay, but it gave me a piggy infestation and made me want to switch.

I stopped, because I had a batch full of lice. Not that it's uncommon at all in hay, but it gave me a piggy infestation and made me want to switch.

Oh no! I'm scared now. Could you see the lice in the hay? How long ago?

Does anybun still use this company (Healthy Herby)? I've been hankering for rye hay for some reason (well I'm sure the reason MUST be telephathic messages from my buns:lol:). Contacted M&T haylage & they only send 4.5k @ £20 (incl del). Felt a bit expensive as last time it was a 12.5k bag with del for £25. So what do I do - buy 6 sample hays costing £22 & amounting to only 3k:lol: If anybun is buying it, whats their fave? Wish my bunnies liked meadow hay

I've had Healthy Herby before. It is good quality hay. However..........no matter which alternative hay I get for my two, they always prefer timothyhay.co.uk hay, regular stalky. It's also less expensive.

So, I'm going to 'treat' them in future and always get their favourite hay :)

Btw I have read that hay is going to be in shorter supply this year because of the drought, so maybe all hay will increase in price.

I've had Healthy Herby before. It is good quality hay. However..........no matter which alternative hay I get for my two, they always prefer timothyhay.co.uk hay, regular stalky. It's also less expensive.

So, I'm going to 'treat' them in future and always get their favourite hay :)

Btw I have read that hay is going to be in shorter supply this year because of the drought, so maybe all hay will increase in price.

I feel like I have a little bug in my brain that reactivates every so often that compels me to try different hay. Maybe I'll get some timothyhay.co.uk this week too & mix the tasters in for a bit of interest. They've still 2.5k of haybox but I'm bored of that one :lol:

Oh no! I'm scared now. Could you see the lice in the hay? How long ago?

About a year ago, so not recent. I could only see the lice sometimes when they were moving around inside the box, or on the cage floor where the hay sat. But I couldn't see it on the hay strands themselves. I'm 100% certain that's where it came from though. They are such tiny things. Misty and Pearl (no longer with us) were absolutely covered in the gribbly things.

About a year ago, so not recent. I could only see the lice sometimes when they were moving around inside the box, or on the cage floor where the hay sat. But I couldn't see it on the hay strands themselves. I'm 100% certain that's where it came from though. They are such tiny things. Misty and Pearl (no longer with us) were absolutely covered in the gribbly things.

yuk. I might put some in the bath to monitor

I've just ordered some regular timothyhay.co.uk stalky too.

Theres nothing quite so lovely as a day off taking hay deliveries

Feedback: timothyhay.co.uk "stalky" rules - & it does look so lush & green. Herby healthy hasn't been going down that well, the rye seems most favourable, ancient meadow the least. I get the feeling they would eat the rye & timothy ones if nothing else available. See - I knew my bunnies wanted rye hay, just need timothyhay.co.uk to grow some or get to Doncaster to buy a decent sized bag from M&T

Back