• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple

I didn't quarantine Tui. I took the view that, as she had come from a rescue and was vaccinated, there was no need.

I would keep them separate for a few days to let your new bunny settle and then introduce them once you are ready
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I didn't quarantine Tui. I took the view that, as she had come from a rescue and was vaccinated, there was no need.

I did the same with Fern tbh. I let her settle overnight on her own, to get used to me a little, and started bonding 24 hours later. She only had 10 minutes travel time from rescue to home so I didn’t need to factor that into things.

Thanks everybun. I thought it was a thing to quarantine regardless but this is good.

I won’t be bonding them for a while as he’s having a bit of a travel bless him. Maybe in a couple weeks to let him settle in to the syrupy warren way of life.

Thanks everybun. I thought it was a thing to quarantine regardless but this is good.

I won’t be bonding them for a while as he’s having a bit of a travel bless him. Maybe in a couple weeks to let him settle in to the syrupy warren way of life.

Are you going to reduce the hay mountains? I can't wait to see him.

Been thinking of you & Maple lots. Hope your ok as can be xx

No such thing with rabbits, always balancing emotional Vs physical risks, its rarely clear cut

I did quarrantine Rudey a few days

I also had limited options for bonding places and didn't want Tui to get used to somewhere and become territorial before she met Tethra.

Probably not to be honest - the bunnies just eat so much hay like that. Obviously I have to start again with fleeces for neutral territory etc but the hay will return :lol: I can’t wait to meet him :love:

Sorry - bit late catching up here.
New bunny? I feel a sense of warmth in my heart that you have opened up yours again to another bunny whose life will be transformed for the better in your home and with Maple. Looking forward to photos of this new arrival. X

No such thing with rabbits, always balancing emotional Vs physical risks, its rarely clear cut
Yes: like Omi, I don't really have alternative accommodation and mine have had a date at the rescue, so it's home and in the playhouse and that's it. Lopsy's such a walkover anyway, he just likes the loves :lol:

I'll see if me or the OH can get some (sensible) in-travel pics :D But they won't be posted until we're home at the very earliest so I expect others will come sooner :lol:

Yes: like Omi, I don't really have alternative accommodation and mine have had a date at the rescue, so it's home and in the playhouse and that's it. Lopsy's such a walkover anyway, he just likes the loves :lol:

I'll see if me or the OH can get some (sensible) in-travel pics :D But they won't be posted until we're home at the very earliest so I expect others will come sooner :lol:

I think Loobers wants to show him off herself...she won't tell me who she is getting anyway so I'll respect that even if I do think she's a meanie :lol:

Sorry - bit late catching up here.
New bunny? I feel a sense of warmth in my heart that you have opened up yours again to another bunny whose life will be transformed for the better in your home and with Maple. Looking forward to photos of this new arrival. X

Yes Craig :love: Maple just sits staring into space and it’s breaking my heart. She’s ok just seems very lost. He’s a beautiful boy too

Hehe joey&boo has been trying to guess which bunny is coming down for Maple. I want her to have a nice surprise & something to look forward too :lol:

Back