• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple

Saturday is getting closer!!!!!

Dont worry I wont say any more about my new sweetie ...

Not got payment deets yet. Will message Jill if I dont hear soon.

I am going to put them both in separate pens in the same room as Loganberry and Moondust. I have been sort of wondering about trying for a quad. That way they could all stay indoors until the warmer weather.

Still not sure. May be less stressful for Snowflake to just have one rabbit to bond with ...

Also need Kk petrol payment details x

Saturday is getting closer!!!!!

Dont worry I wont say any more about my new sweetie ...

Not got payment deets yet. Will message Jill if I dont hear soon.

I am going to put them both in separate pens in the same room as Loganberry and Moondust. I have been sort of wondering about trying for a quad. That way they could all stay indoors until the warmer weather.

Still not sure. May be less stressful for Snowflake to just have one rabbit to bond with ...

Also need Kk petrol payment details x

We need to call 0116 281 3322 tomorrow and ask to put £55 donation on honeybunnies account. Quote your surname and the bunny name x

You know when you are really excited so you wake up really early like eeeekk! That’s me right now. Can’t wait to get his accommodation ready tomorrow morning

May I ask every buns opinions please

So I spoke to our vet & confirmed that Maple needs a dental. This is booked for the 16th of February (next available appointment.)

The question is bonding before or after?

& also set up wise I have a two metre cage I use for bonding and lots of grid that I make pens with or divide the bunny room in half.

I don’t know weather to put him in the lounge separate & just go for it

Or do a slow side by side bond.

The dental has put a spanner in my plans really. I was just going to put them in the lounge in neutral territory but now I am not sure

As a person with no bonding experience could you not side to side them until Maple has had her dental then when she is recovered lounge bond them?

I agree with C & D, and I would side by side until after the dental, it's not that far away. I'm really excited too, I think we all need something to look forward to, and the anticipated arrival of a new bun is just brilliant :D

Hi Lucy. Nice to speak to you last night :)
Re bonding. I would try to bond them straight away as if they bond easily it will be good moral support for Maple.
Remember if they do bond send them both to vets when she goes for dental as bond mustnt be broken and she will feel better having him there.
If the bond doesnt go smoothly so looks like it may take longer, then split and keep them seperate til after op.

May I ask every buns opinions please

So I spoke to our vet & confirmed that Maple needs a dental. This is booked for the 16th of February (next available appointment.)

The question is bonding before or after?

& also set up wise I have a two metre cage I use for bonding and lots of grid that I make pens with or divide the bunny room in half.

I don’t know weather to put him in the lounge separate & just go for it

Or do a slow side by side bond.

The dental has put a spanner in my plans really. I was just going to put them in the lounge in neutral territory but now I am not sure

Sorry for brief reply, but how does Vet know a Dental is needed if it was a telephone consultation :? Not read whole thread, sorry if I have got details wrong x

I would be on the cautious side - let new bun settle on his new pad and let him adjust and let maple also know she has a new companion. Then introduce after the dental. But I’m no expert on bonding so it’s just his I would play it.
Sorry
Craig x

Sorry for brief reply, but how does Vet know a Dental is needed if it was a telephone consultation :? Not read whole thread, sorry if I have got details wrong x

Thats ok Jane. So she had a health check with uncle J last week and OH picked them up & i had to call the vet to discuss x

Do what feels right for you Loobers, I don't believe there are any rights & wrongs. However the answers that will make you think "that's not for us" might help clarify what you want your approach to be, so here's mine

I always had in my head that I'd rather my bunnies make friends with each other first rather than make friends with me. When they are bonded they then have their own species to help them adjust to their new environment & lifestyle. So other than with Rudey mine get bonded on the day or night of their arrival.

Thats ok Jane. So she had a health check with uncle J last week and OH picked them up & i had to call the vet to discuss x

I see, well as bonding is stressful personally I would not start it knowing one bun will be going under GA quite soon. As it appears that her need for a Dental is not urgent could it be postponed til the end of February, assuming she is totally asymptomatic at the moment. That would give you more time to get the bonding established and stress levels of the Bunnies will not be so heightened. Perhaps you could call John back to ask if this would be OK or it Maple’s teeth definitely need attention by the 16th ?

Back