• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maple

Ooh that last photo is just a darling isn’t it. What a colourful character Bodders is and I sense he’s going to be quite a star on here.

I have some sad news everybun. We spent yesterday trying to bond them and gave up around 1.00 in the morning. Bodmin is being very territorial, spraying wee, chinning everything and just doesn’t rest. They didn’t have any room to chase each other yet would instantly fight. Maple put up with it for a while but now it’s just lock on fight after fight. I know that Maples personality won’t tolerate this and will never tolerate this. I am absolutely cream cracked now. Its a bond that will never work so I have to speak with Gill and see if she is happy for Bodmin to remain as a single bunny or return and find his special somebun. I am not going to try to bond Maple again so would be a case of splitting the room in half.

I have some sad news everybun. We spent yesterday trying to bond them and gave up around 1.00 in the morning. Bodmin is being very territorial, spraying wee, chinning everything and just doesn’t rest. They didn’t have any room to chase each other yet would instantly fight. Maple put up with it for a while but now it’s just lock on fight after fight. I know that Maples personality won’t tolerate this and will never tolerate this. I am absolutely cream cracked now. Its a bond that will never work so I have to speak with Gill and see if she is happy for Bodmin to remain as a single bunny or return and find his special somebun. I am not going to try to bond Maple again so would be a case of splitting the room in half.

I'm so sorry :( I know from experience how horribly stressful and also distressing this is. I can't remember if you've said, but was Bodmin living previously with another bunny?

I would chat this through with Gill and take it from there.

I'm so sorry :( I know from experience how horribly stressful and also distressing this is. I can't remember if you've said, but was Bodmin living previously with another bunny?

I would chat this through with Gill and take it from there.

I don’t think he has, but I can see why they would think he was a good candidate as he’s very timid on his own. He’s only a young bun though and as long as someone allows him to be top bun he will be ok. Unfortunately Maple has always been a difficult one to bond :( I’m going to call her

Really sorry Loobers, whatever decision you come to, I know you will do whatever is best for both bunnies xx

oh, i'm so sorry to read this :( poor Maple :(

you don't think it's worth persevering? maybe give it a rest for a day or 2 and try again?

Oh loobers I’m really sorry to read this. I had high hopes for this friendship to work as bodders is such a little darling.
Personally I think that you are incredibly courageous to make that call as I know how difficult emotionally the decision is.
Sending you millions of hugs. Xx

oh, i'm so sorry to read this :( poor Maple :(

you don't think it's worth persevering? maybe give it a rest for a day or 2 and try again?

If we where to try again it wouldn’t be till after a slow side by side bond. I am definitely not letting them fight anymore. It’s not like chasing or fur pulling it’s locked fights :cry:

I don’t mind him staying but I am abit too pregnant now to be trying to find him and Maple separate partners. In my honest heart I don’t think they will ever bond

Sadly I was never able to rebond Treacle with her bridge brother Toffee, after she was speyed. It wasn't for the want of trying, but the fights were awful and stressful for me and them. He bit through her ear in one fight, and ripped it :( they lived happily side by side until I lost him. Don't beat yourself up over this Loobers xx

Aww, that's a shame, but I think you're right, some things were just not meant to be. Hope Jill can give you some good advice :)

Sadly I was never able to rebond Treacle with her bridge brother Toffee, after she was speyed. It wasn't for the want of trying, but the fights were awful and stressful for me and them. He bit through her ear in one fight, and ripped it :( they lived happily side by side until I lost him. Don't beat yourself up over this Loobers xx

Thanks Petsmum. I’m glad we tried and I had the best intentions for everybun. We will still have fun even if it’s side by side. This is my life in a nutshell of wanting to do the best but it not working out

Back