• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

Bigbunnybella

Young Bun
Hi, I’ve just joined hoping to find out different ideas on making my rabbits lives the best possible!

I’ve had rabbits for years, only the past 5/6 though have I done it properly. We had a rabbit in a hutch in the garden as kids. Now I know that’s not right :cry:
I currently have Johnny, he’s a rescue from the Blue Cross who I’ve had for a few years. He’s very nervous and hates me as much today as the day I picked him up sadly. His companion doe died about a month ago and I had trouble finding him a new friend with rescues being closed at the moment.
So I collect a new baby doe on Monday night! Super excited.
Her name is going to be Bella and she will be a big bunny! Jon currently lives in a huge shed, I’ve penned off an area for him and Bella so they will be able to meet through the walls first 🤞🤞

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: we can only do our best with the knowledge we had at the time. Good luck with the bonding,

Welcome to the Forum, fingers crossed for an easy bond

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: I really hope the bond goes well for Jonny and Bella, let us know how its going, and plenty of folk on her with lots of bonding experience should you need it. Good luck :D

Hi and welcome! I hope Bella will settle in nicely when you get her home on Monday, and that she and Johnny will become good friends. =)

Thanks all!
I’m having a bit of a worry, she’s used to being outdoors but is currently bundled up with her litter mates, she will be the first to leave. It’s so cold! I’m worried she’s going to be freezing sleeping alone.
I had a snuggle safe to collect from pets at home yesterday but living in the sticks the snow put pay to that. :(
Is there any other ways of safely keeping her warm?

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. I am sorry you lost your doe recently.
I am sure that you will find loads of good advice and tips to help you, especially with bonding. There are some extremely experienced bonders and we are very lucky to have them on the forum. You can always post a new thread under the bonding section.
With regards to the outside dilema, Im afraid I don't have much advice I can help you with. This is a tricky time of year especailly with bonding and keeping the bunnies seperate and outside at the moment is pretty cold so all I could add for you is that personally if there was a way to avoid keeping your bun outside, I would. I know that's easier said than done but a solo bun will be very cold. There are things like hutch huggas that will help to keep the worst weather out.
As I'm in a similar position as you, then I can appreciate what you are facing, although my bun is a house bun and when we find a new doe for him, we will have to do some serious shifting around to accommodate both buns during the bonding process.
PLease keep us updated and hope all goes well.
Craig x

Thanks Craig, I say outdoors but it’s not “out” as in a hutch in the garden. It’s a large brick built room that has double glazing and a door but no form of heating

Last edited:
Back