Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast breathing/odd posture: UD 17/02 Good news!

Default Fast breathing/odd posture: UD 17/02 Good news!

I've thought Bigwig on occasion breathes fast, but her heart/respiration rate has been normal when checked and no problems picked up on vet visits. She's 2 years old. This morning she seemed to sit more 'upright' when eating her pellets and her nose/sides moving very quickly. I'm hopefully going to attach some videos although Flickr isn't allowing me the upload option atm! She's otherwise well but I'm thinking of calling the vets today as I'm worried as some of you may remember I hand reared her and the lovely lady I rehomed her 2 brothers to lost one a month ago suddenly with sudden breathing problems which went downhill very quickly and didn't respond to treatment, although no diagnostics were run.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gJ7hUNLkT11YviwEA

ETA: please let me know if you can view the video link ok.
    Last edited by Liz47; 17-02-2021 at 05:39 PM.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Have you tried the ‘wheel barrow’ test on her. Have her standing on a secure surface with someone holding her still, then gently lift up her rear end. Do her eyes bulge at all when she is tilted forward in this way ?

Does she ever do dry sneezes?

Has she got a good tolerance to exercise ?

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Block the building of a Rabbit Meat Farm in Cornwall
    http://chng.it/McbytJf7bP

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Have you tried the ‘wheel barrow’ test on her. Have her standing on a secure surface with someone holding her still, then gently lift up her rear end. Do her eyes bulge at all when she is tilted forward in this way ?

Does she ever do dry sneezes?

Has she got a good tolerance to exercise ?
    Thank you for replying. I'll do the test tonight when I get home from work, I'm going to see if my partner can count her respiration rate for me this morning and let me know. She does occasionally sneeze but normally it's after she's just stuffed her head into her hay, but it is good quality dust free hay...
    She runs and Binky's fine and will follow us round no problem.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Thank you for replying. I'll do the test tonight when I get home from work, I'm going tto see if my partner can count her respiration rate for me this morning and let me know. She does occasionally sneeze but normally it's after she's just stuffed her head into her hay, but it is good quality dust free hay...
    She runs and Binky's fine and will follow us round no problem.
    Does the fast breathing only occur when she eats her pellets ration ? If so and she is otherwise perfectly well then it may just be that she is a greedy girl and wants to eat the pellets as quickly as possible.

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Does the fast breathing only occur when she eats her pellets ration ? If so and she is otherwise perfectly well then it may just be that she is a greedy girl and wants to eat the pellets as quickly as possible.
    She does love her food! It will also happen when she is laid down on her vet bed throughout the day, after I took the video this morning she went into the litter tray to eat hay and looked fine then.

She does love her food! It will also happen when she is laid down on her vet bed throughout the day, after I took the video this morning she went into the litter tray to eat hay and looked fine then.
    Try getting a video of her breathing when she is lying down x

Will do thank you, she normally runs over to us which I take is a good sign but makes it harder to catch on video

Will do thank you, she normally runs over to us which I take is a good sign but makes it harder to catch on video

Hope you find out why Bigwig is breathing fast. I went through it with my bunny Mischief recently so know it can be alarming.

The fact he is still eating his pellets is a good sign though xx

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk