Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leo bun

Default Leo bun

A few Ru's friends have kindly asked how little Leo is doing since losing Lillian a week ago.
    Well, Leo is certainly hurting. He looks actively for Lillian and although we gave him his moment to say goodbye to Lillian, I don't think he has come to terms with the loss, as we haven't either. We are fortunate that I am part time furloughed and my wife being a teacher, is working predominantly from home so we can give Leo the company he craves. And he does crave companionship. We adopted him 11 months ago and he had spent all his life as a single rabbit, and not only has he adjusted to a new life with us in our home and garden, he also developed his relationship with Lillian, and Leo grew into a much more settled and emotionally content rabbit.
    So we're trying to fill the huge void that Lillian has left not just in our lives, but more importantly, Leos life. Leo is eating well. He grazes during the day but the breakfast rush to get the morning greens isn't as it used to be. Lillian used to charge out of the sleeping box and make sure she was getting her breakfast first, and that was Leo's cue to get his share. So now he's a little more laid back about that. He's pooping well and has an occasional venture outside.
    On a few occasions now, he has come into the living room and stood by the table, ears forward, looking under the table and thumps his feet. He wonders round almost as if he is following something. And other times he just comes in and snuggles down as if he doesn't have a care in the world.
    We took this photo of him the other night - he looked quite happy there. They aren't real celebrations - it's just the side of the box as Lillian had quite the liking for chewing my wifes school files.

We know that it is in Leo's best interests to move on, and that will mean finding another partner bun for Leo. He deserves to have the chance to share his life with another rabbit - and we made that promise to the Blue Cross when we adopted him. And I take my obligations serious irrespective of how my emotions are.
    Thank you to everyone who showed overwhelming kindness to me over the last week. I'll keep you all updated on things.
    Craig xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Alpha Buck

Poor Leo, he must be feeling very lost. I think sometimes having animals - especially those who rely on having a friend around so much like rabbits - makes us move on quicker, pushes us to leave our grief and get another, maybe before we would choose to (if indeed we would have chosen to at all!). My comfort at times like this, when it is the last thing you maybe want to do, is that for all our grief and feelings, there is some other poor little single rabbit like Leo, who has lived a life alone, and who has never known the love and care they will get with you. And I can't deny them that chance, even if I want to. I suspect you might be similar? And I think it is only in Lillian's honour and memory that another will come in to befriend Leo, and maybe he will then have chance to show all that Lillian has taught him about being a rabbit, and use it to help another, and so she lives on.

Poor Leo, but how lucky he is to have such kind and understanding owners.

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, poor boy... It's so good that you and your wife can keep Leo company at home right now. It does sound like he really needs that... What a sweet photo of him and his dog friend.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Thank you for updating us with Leo's progress as a single bun. I'm sure, once the time is right for you and Mrs C, you will find another bun, not only will it brighten Leo's life, it will transform the life of the new addition

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by *lily* View Post
    Poor Leo, but how lucky he is to have such kind and understanding owners.

Xxx

I agree.

lovely photo, Craig, it was heartbreaking to lose Lillian and so soon after Henry too
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

That is a beautiful photo of Leo, touched by sadness as to the circumstances. Gentle nose rubs for him and hugs to you and yours.

beautiful photo of Leo

Oh Leo I feel his sadness. I hope you are able to find that special somebun when you all feel ready. Sending lots of loves

Wise Old Thumper

Lovely, but sad, pic of Leo