Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Re: some help re wife bun for Leo

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by CarelessSquid07 View Post
    We found this when looking for Blossom and in the end drove a couple of hours down to Cornwall for her but it did mean no picking for Rodney as he hates travelling.

Could you get to these guys?

https://www.egprr.org/pets/

We also messaged our local RSPCA and advised them we had a grieving boy and they let us fill out an application before they had any girls ready and got in touch as soon as they had one as Rodney was suffering.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    That's the rescue in Eastwood that I posted about.

Wise Old Thumper

If you are on Facebook, take a look at Honeybunnies, nr Leicester. Lovely rabbits and re-home nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Babsie View Post
    If you are on Facebook, take a look at Honeybunnies, nr Leicester. Lovely rabbits and re-home nationally.
    Ah - thank you Babsie - I do follow them but I didn't realise they do rehoming.
    Craig
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thank you all everybun for your kind words of advice and direction.
    Omi - yes I will look at the Eastwood site and keep themvery much in mind.
    Loobers - Lillian was most definately dominant so Leo is very much a bunny who needs companionship but is very much a rabbit who is happy to be led not do the leading.
    Zoobec - I will also look at the BARC site and from what I can see on rabbit rehome - again, most of the does seem to be reserved so it's good that they are all lhaving nice homes to go to.
    Cuthbert&Dillon - thank you I will look at that site too.

I'm just off to Cambridge to take the professor back to his flat from hell (well, he finally got to the flat he paid for but it's above a steak restaurant - long story).
    Thank you all
    Craig xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    Thank you all everybun for your kind words of advice and direction.
    Omi - yes I will look at the Eastwood site and keep themvery much in mind.
    Loobers - Lillian was most definately dominant so Leo is very much a bunny who needs companionship but is very much a rabbit who is happy to be led not do the leading.
    Zoobec - I will also look at the BARC site and from what I can see on rabbit rehome - again, most of the does seem to be reserved so it's good that they are all lhaving nice homes to go to.
    Cuthbert&Dillon - thank you I will look at that site too.

I'm just off to Cambridge to take the professor back to his flat from hell (well, he finally got to the flat he paid for but it's above a steak restaurant - long story).
    Thank you all
    Craig xx
    Like I said, you can’t really go on what’s on their website, as they don’t have time to update. If I had done the same, and not contacted Angie at BARC, I wouldn’t have got Fern, as she didn’t even get chance to put her on the website!

Warren Veteran

Angie at BARC is very good at picking the right bun personality. I've adopted a lot of buns from BARC and I don't think many of them were on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna View Post
    Angie at BARC is very good at picking the right bun personality. I've adopted a lot of buns from BARC and I don't think many of them were on the website.
    I contacted BARC - Angie is so nice. Unfortunately due to the lockdown situation and rightly so, rescues are only willing to allow adoptions up to an hour away - which I fully understand. So I'll keep looking locally as best we can and sometimes one just has to put faith in fate and perhaps we are meant to have a pause until the right bunny comes to us, and not push ourselves and Leo into a situation just to move on. We will find a doe - it's just going to take some time and a bit of fate.
    Thank you for all your help
    Craig

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Craig 1965 View Post
    I contacted BARC - Angie is so nice. Unfortunately due to the lockdown situation and rightly so, rescues are only willing to allow adoptions up to an hour away - which I fully understand. So I'll keep looking locally as best we can and sometimes one just has to put faith in fate and perhaps we are meant to have a pause until the right bunny comes to us, and not push ourselves and Leo into a situation just to move on. We will find a doe - it's just going to take some time and a bit of fate.
    Thank you for all your help
    Craig
    I didn't realise that. I know Loobers and Tulsi are both adopting buns from a rescue some distance away but I guess it makes sense that rescues will vary in their rules. As you say I am sure that the right doe for Leo is out there somewhere.

A brief update on the search for a new wife-bun Leo.
    Our local Blue Cross has just posted a new doe that they have rescued. Now, there's nothing confirmed yet, and I am making enquiries on her but this is what we know about her so far. She is around 2 and she has sadly lost her 2 previous hus-buns. This is incredibly sad for such a young rabbit. And I think this would explain the subsequent behaviour. She enjoys free roaming in the garden (not something I would advocate for any bunny without supervsion) but she has managed to escape from her foster carers hutch by 'headbutting' the door open to then have free garden time. Now, initial reaction to this is 'wow - that's extreme', but it's not quite as simple as it sounds.
    There's no sign or evidence of destructo-bunny behaviour - the fact she forulated such an extreme escape from her hutch is thought that she doesn't like the confinement. And I can relate with that. Some bunnies can tollerate hutches, some don't. She is presenting as quite happy in herself, but my view is that her behaviour is not as bad behaviour, I think she is just grieving from losing her partners.
    Now, quite where we can go with this I do not know. I certainly can't offer and wouldn't offer free roaming in the garden because we simply couldn't leave our house unprotected, and I would personally feel it exposes the rabbit to threats from predation. My over riding responsibility is to protect and anything less than that is a failure.
    We can offer supervised garden time where a rabbit can explore every part of the garden and we have adequate room in the kitchen/diner and access to our living room and kitchen/diner. A stable relationship with another rabbit would significantly help stabilise the emotions that she is feeling as she would have that emotional support.Her confidence would help Henry to blossom.
    As I say, we've not had any confirmation and this is just initial feedback. We have submitted an application and will have to wait and see what happens.
    Am I missing anything and does anyone have any views or concerns that I am missing that perhaps I can raise if we are fortunate enough to be considered? I don't want to jeopardise Leo's emotional wellbeing and I also must consider the emotional wellbeing of the potential rabbit we would like to adopt.
    Craig x

Warren Veteran

I think this doe sounds like a good match for your household and for Leo. Your buns have the best of both worlds - inside with human comforts and contact and outside to run and binky and be a bunny. If I let mine loose in the garden I would never get them back so mine have a large run but don't have the benefit of inside time with me as they are completely outdoor bunnies.

Poor bun to have lost two companions when she is so young.

Fingers crossed that all goes well with this potential adoption xxx