• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowflake needs a doe.

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
Snowflake has recently lost his doe, Tessie (r i p) and needs a new friend to cuddle up to asap.

We are in the middle of decorating most of the rooms and swapping furniture about so there is no room indoors yet.

He lives in a shed/aviary set up. He is 8 years old and quite submissive.

Been looking on rescue sites and even in gumtree. Would prefer to foster a doe until Snowflakes time comes.

Anyone know of any single does available? Did find an uber cute pair but were quite far away, very young and unspayed!

Have you tried rescues? Contact them even if they don’t show having anybun suitable because they may know of somebunny suitable. Some will rehome nationally, pretty sure BARC and Honeybunnies do although not sure about COVID restrictions for travel etc.

Good point about ringing rescues. Poor Snowfers. Feel bad for him being all alone.

Covid restrictions means that the RSPCA will only rehome within one hours journey time. I wonder if they would move bunnies between centres to bring them nearer to you?

Not sure if picking up a rabbit would count as 'essential travel' but I may be able to help with a bunny run if you do find a suitable doe? Would you be able to bond them inside somewhere as trying to do it outside would be tricky with the horrid weather we are having at the moment?

Not sure if picking up a rabbit would count as 'essential travel' but I may be able to help with a bunny run if you do find a suitable doe? Would you be able to bond them inside somewhere as trying to do it outside would be tricky with the horrid weather we are having at the moment?
Ditto, and AFAIK it's essential travel because it's covered by the Animal Welfare Act. I don't think I can manage all the way to Hampshire right now (time has become quite precious!) but anywhere Birmingham-Leicester I can take south to somewhere convenient for someone else (Rhianna?) to pick up. I can also keep one overnight or for a couple of days if necessary (it'll be a tiny area so only if necessary).

From reading the other topic a bunny run may not be required, but if it is needed in the future, I could probably bridge the gap between Rhinana and Keletkezes

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi

we have an older doe already speyed coming in on Saturday :)

Snowflake has recently lost his doe, Tessie (r i p) and needs a new friend to cuddle up to asap.

We are in the middle of decorating most of the rooms and swapping furniture about so there is no room indoors yet.

He lives in a shed/aviary set up. He is 8 years old and quite submissive.

Been looking on rescue sites and even in gumtree. Would prefer to foster a doe until Snowflakes time comes.

Anyone know of any single does available? Did find an uber cute pair but were quite far away, very young and unspayed!

This is all just so exciting and sweet. What a great forum this is.

Much as I am loathe to keep adding to my pets I do feel that Snowflake would probably be best with a doe of his own and not having to share with the wonderful Loganberry. Logan would probably agree!

When I tried bonding all my rabbits together Moondust did get on fine with Snowflake and Logan didnt hassel him at all so it could be fine.

The transport assistance makes a new doe very very tempting.

The doe we have coming is 5 1/2 t 6 years old..a gorgeous blue otter nethie but not tiny :)
This is all just so exciting and sweet. What a great forum this is.

Much as I am loathe to keep adding to my pets I do feel that Snowflake would probably be best with a doe of his own and not having to share with the wonderful Loganberry. Logan would probably agree!

When I tried bonding all my rabbits together Moondust did get on fine with Snowflake and Logan didnt hassel him at all so it could be fine.

The transport assistance makes a new doe very very tempting.

Back