• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our lovely Henry - January 17th 2020

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
It has taken me all day to find the strength and words to post my tribute to Henry bunny. This was always going to be a difficult month for me but I wasn't ready for the loss of Lillian just over a week ago.
Henry - our dear special little boy, went to the bridge exactly one year ago today. That day is still as fresh in my memory as if it were yesterday. The memories of Henry are special ones, as he was a very special rabbit who not only touched our lives in a very deep and unique way, but who made a partnership with Lillian that was filled with love and an inseperable bond of two very different rabbits, but united by a very special love between then.
Henry was a nethie with a zest for life, and a need for speed. He may have been small in stature but he was big in heart and the garden was his racetrack, as was our living room.
VLUU-L310-W-Samsung-L310-W.jpg

Henry and Lillian bonded quite quickly - which was a measure of how much they wanted to be together. Henry doted on Lillian and wherever one went, the other was never far behind. Henry loved to relax but even when he was chilled, you knew he was thinking, dreaming and just waiting for that next opportunity to zoom round the furniture.

Henry had a very unique personality - he would let you know if you were in his way, and he was always working things out and loved exploring. Henry loved to go upstairs and I can still see him biting the living room door, wanting to go into the hallway so he could bounce upstaits and sit on the landing - just because he could. Nothing was an obstacle for Henry. Henry loved to zoom up and down our garden path, from garage to living room and back again. A few little binkies to start with, and then it was take off. His awareness was amazing as he went full speed down the path, his route already in his head - a quick leap into the kitchen, round the living room chair, back out of the kitchen up the path to the garage and then a brief pause before doing it all over again. Meanwhile, Lillian would sit and watch him from her favorite spot in the garden.
It was the bond between Henry and Lillian - of Hillian as they were affectionately labelled by the forum, that held the best memories. Lillian found her soul bun and Henry adored Lillian.

Henry-and-Lillian-December-2019-2-JPG.jpg

Evening times were spent with Hillian snuggled under the table in the living room, always together, always relaxed. They were always loved up.

Then, suddenly in January 2020, Henry got unwell. He spent 3 days in hospital and Lillian was lost without him. I collected Henry from the hospital on the evening on the 16th January and in my heart I knew. I lay on the settee all night with Henry. Henry lay on my chest, I wrapped my blanket round us and I spent all night talking to him, telling him how much me meant to all of us, how special he was. Tears flowed down my cheeks all night. Henry lay there all night, listening until his little body told him that it was time for him to go, and Henry sadly left me on the morning of the 17th January.
Not a single day passes that I do not miss him, do not grieve for him. A year is a long time, but when you lose someone special, time seems irrelevant. Our stairs are quiet now without Henry running up them. I miss the sound of his zoomies round the living room. I miss his beautiful face, with ears that were always telling you that he was listening. Henry took a huge piece of my heart with him as he went on to the bridge, and my heart is still very broken as I miss him dearly.
That sadness compounded by the sudden and devistating loss of Lillian a week ago. Both Lillian and Henry are resting now in our garden, together again as they would always want to be. A pain and a sadness that will never leave me, leave us. We promise our little ones that we will always be there for them, and we will help them. but sometimes it is just not enough.
We will always miss you Henry - we love you so very much. Sleep tight dear little Henry. And we hope you have ound your beloved Lillian at the bridge.
Craig, jan & Leo xxx
lillian-and-henry-29th-january-2019.jpg

Such a lovely tribute for Henry. I always loved his and Lillians pictures -they where such a beautiful happy couple. I don’t think I do rainbow bridge tributes as I find them too painful so I really admire you for your lovely tributes. Hillian will always be remembered here and their antics :love: xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lovely tribute to a much loved rabbit. You have a way with words Craig and this has made me well up. It is clear from reading your posts and seeing your photos just how well cared for and loved all your rabbits have been :love:

I can't believe it's been a year already Craig, I am just so sorry that Henry had to leave you, and now Lillian too. I'm sure they've been reunited are running free together at the bridge. Big hugs for you, Jan and little Leo xxx

I can't see very well right now :cry: but I'm thinking of you all as you remember this dear little soul who clearly had the world on a string. Bless you all and sleep sweetly, Henry, reunited with your beloved Lillian. xxxxx

Back