Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley :(

Warren Scout

I hope he picks up - can you get outside and pick some fresh grass for him? Somewhere that cuts the grass regularly but is currently long enough to pick tends to be more palatable as it is higher in sugar than longer stuff. You might find some young cow parsley too to tempt him, or some plantain or bramble leaves.
    Thinking of you xxx

I didn't even think of that - he is partial to dandolian leaves I'll see if i can find some

I am sorry your mom is unwell and send her/you vibes.
    It is good to read Harley is making some poo and you have meds and supplies to treat when OOH does not have good rabbit vet.
    Hydration can help a lot, so perhaps syringing water and offering wet greens will help him.
    Some bunnies, my Raven too, will stop eating due to small spurs, though other issues are possible too.
    Sending Harley vibes.

I am so sorry that your Mum is critically ill and that you have had other recent bereavements. I do hope that since your last post Harley has improved ?

If not and he is still not eating and his poo output is minimal is there anyone, a neighbour, a friend, who could get him to a Vet for you ? Ask for him to be admitted, explain your circumstances to the Vet. Then you will not have the angst of managing the ongoing nursing care a Rabbit in gut stasis needs. I know admission to the Vets can be very costly, especially OOH. PM me if you need advice about that aspect.

I am thinking of you, your heart must be breaking about your Mum. This Pandemic has caused so much devastation to so many

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

Block the building of a Rabbit Meat Farm in Cornwall
    http://chng.it/McbytJf7bP

So sorry that your Mom is so ill at the moment.

Hoping Harley improves very soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big big big big hugs. Xxxxx

I really hope your mum will be ok. Xxxxx

Sending vibes and hugs to you.

Sending vibes and big hugs to you xxx

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for the vibes hugs and well wishes.

He still hadn't improved so we gave him a syringe feed at midnight then again at 430am.

This morning there was no change so we took him to the emergency vet who said that his temperature was low 34(degrees) instead of 38, he was severely dehydrated,there were hardly any gut sounds, his blood glucose level was high so very much stasis and possible toxicity setting in.

He has been hospitalised and put on a drip/fluids, meds and they will syringe feed every two hours but they have described his condition as critical

On the one hand I am relieved and glad that the vets will be giving him the intensive care but on the other I'm wondering if we should have taken him last night.

Also not sure what has caused this - he was eating this time yesterday and very happy in itself and there wasn't anything that seems to have caused it or trigger it other than obviously my stress levels. It's also very unusual that he didnt respond to the treatment we gave him as he normally does which is making think maybe this is something he isn't going to come back from

Loads of vibes for Harley, I really hope he can get through this