• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trios

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
I have recently had to have Tessie pts. She lived outside with Snowflake who is now alone. Her sister Daisy lives with Frosty, also outside but he bullied Snowflake when they were together so I am wondering about bonding Snowflake to my indoor rabbits, Loganberry and Moondust.

L and M are very close and quite gentle. Snowflake is also gentle and was definately the submissive one when he loved with Frosty.

I reaaly cannot afford to get another rabbit, tennants are my only income and are moving at the end of the month. Will get more in (hopefully) but things are a bit lean atm hence considering a trio. Also Snowflake would love to be indoors! He was as a baby and it suited him.

Any trio stories very welcome. Thankies.

Awww good luck - i hope they all get on. I read about needing submissive buns to make up a group & they all sound like sweeties so hopefully it will work . Plus you have the bonding skills & experience

Hope all goes well with you trio.
I think M&TM has a trio bonding video, it might be one of the sticky topics on the bonding section

Edit
It doesn't look like it is a sticky [emoji3525]
Here is a link to the first part of the trio bonding. You should be able to navigate to the remaining section from there. She also has a video from when she bonded five buns

https://youtu.be/Lnt_8rmCkRA

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks all. I have rewatched those bonding videos. Some good tips there. Just hope Loganberry doesnt object to Snowflake ...

Got to clear a space next. Eek.

Having second thoughts re bonding Snowflake to such a loved up pair. Maybe a new doe for him would be best.

I guess it is hard getting rescue rabbits atm.

Having second thoughts re bonding Snowflake to such a loved up pair. Maybe a new doe for him would be best.

I dont know that it is hard, I think that there has been an increase into rescue. Certainly my local rescue seems to have so many more.

Wishing you luck with your hunt for a new rescue. It is such a difficult time.

If you are ready, i think it is worth talking a rescue. I think I'm sure I saw a Facebook from a rescue saying they are continuing to re-home. Different rescues may have different policies at the moment

Yes we've managed to rehome during lockdowns.

Most rescues have a good covid policy. We did struggle to find girls in our area so we had to travel a bit but there's the opposite problem now and lots of them!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I've got a rescue bunny on foster at the moment to see if he will bond with me doe. I applied last Sunday thinking it would take weeks to sort out and they got back to me the next day. [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Girls are always harder to find :lol: I know my local just got aload of girls in and I'd expect them to be gone within a fortnight! Good luck :D

Thank you. Just seen a rex (please let her be available) on rabbit rehome being homed via an individual.

Hmm fostering a doe could be a more practical solution ...

She had just gone (yesterday). Will keep looking at rescue sites and see what happens.

Do you think a bond with 2 young does would work? Seen a pair of real beauties. It would also solve the problem of a single doe left when Snowflake goes.

Wish it was all sorted!

Do you think a bond with 2 young does would work? Seen a pair of real beauties. It would also solve the problem of a single doe left when Snowflake goes.

Wish it was all sorted!

IME bonding Does of any age is the hardest and even when bonded the bond is often unstable. Introducing two bonded Does to a third Rabbit could easily cause the bond between the Does to break down.

I would try bonding Snowflake with your indoor pair first before taking on any more Rabbits if you are struggling financially. Taking on two more could be even more of an issue with getting them vaccinated and spayed if they have not already been done.

Jane, thank you. I reached the same conclusion on my dog walk this morning. It is all too easy for me to get carried away when faced with rabbit beauty!

Once the downstairs room is cleared I will set up the bonding pen and move in to sjpervise operations!

Jane, thank you. I reached the same conclusion on my dog walk this morning. It is all too easy for me to get carried away when faced with rabbit beauty!

Once the downstairs room is cleared I will set up the bonding pen and move in to sjpervise operations!

I'd normally offer to help so that you can get a drink/go to the loo but I don't think covid restrictions allow. I know I have struggled to bond on my own as supervising 24/7 when you are alone is impossible. I think you still have your tenants so hopefully they can provide some respite for you.

:thumb:

Bless you Rhianna. Unfortunately they have moved out now, although will be coming and going for a few days to decorate bedrooms ready for me to advertise for new tennants.

I will have to separate with a barrier whilst I walk the dogs. I do love bonding.

Back