• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orion in the snow

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
it finally snowed and actually settled in the backyard! so naturally I let Orion have a chance to explore by himself. he was quite conflicted. very happy at outside time but very unhappy because his paws were wet [emoji38]

he had the opportunity to head back inside at any moment! he wasn’t forced in the cold and he was dried off. I wouldn’t force him being an indoor bunny to go outside or stay outside [emoji3590]

936263c14f848eae539985aca67df34b.jpg

9c603c0c82c53b93b257d1123c12e40a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunny snow prints are the best :D Aboleth was the same about wet paws, it was why she preferred snow to rain! Snow was better for digging in too :lol:

What a beautiful photo of him in the snow. :love: I like the paw prints as well. :love: Sounds like he'll need little boots so his paws won't get wet! :lol:

Aww..sweet! :D
I'm reminded of how the neighbors we had in Alaska let their domestic rabbits roam wherever, year round, and I would see them out and about even in subzero temps. :( As that was just unconscionable to me at that time, I was still amazed at how resilient they were.

Most of them were English spot types and clearly not built for that kind of weather. Luckily we often had lots of straw stored outdoors to help keep the dogs warm so they'd find that and burrow into it. But it often startled me to see one particular black and white bun be out for a night wander in our yard at -40 F! :shock:

I'm sure Orion's tootsies are comfortably propped up by the fire now and he's had a good snack to compliment his adventure. :D xxxx

Bunny snow prints are the best :D Aboleth was the same about wet paws, it was why she preferred snow to rain! Snow was better for digging in too :lol:

weird thing is.. he loves the rain! he'll go out and binky in the rain. but snow? nuh uh :lol:

Aww..sweet! :D
I'm reminded of how the neighbors we had in Alaska let their domestic rabbits roam wherever, year round, and I would see them out and about even in subzero temps. :( As that was just unconscionable to me at that time, I was still amazed at how resilient they were.

Most of them were English spot types and clearly not built for that kind of weather. Luckily we often had lots of straw stored outdoors to help keep the dogs warm so they'd find that and burrow into it. But it often startled me to see one particular black and white bun be out for a night wander in our yard at -40 F! :shock:

I'm sure Orion's tootsies are comfortably propped up by the fire now and he's had a good snack to compliment his adventure. :D xxxx

yes, he got dried off and then sat against the radiator :lol: idk how he doesn't burn himself. I think the picked that up from Luna, she was a radiator hog.

dear lord.. -40f :shock: I wouldn't survive. interesting how the bunnies seemed to cope okay. they're quite resilient I think

Back