• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit keeps tipping over water bowl

gracieweg

Young Bun
Since his neuter we have kept the bun inside but putting him back out when it’s warmer so he can get acclimatised. he has been in a run in the dining room so he’s had lots of interaction and plenty of toys. he hasn’t seemed bored at all and has been enjoying seeing us more often. last night was his first full night outside. it was much warmer than it has been recently so we thought it would be the perfect time to get him back out. he’s always had an obsession of throwing his food bowl over and pushing it around, but i noticed last week that he began to nudge his water bowl. this has turned into him fully flipping it over and the water going everywhere. there are puppy pads on the floor which absorb most of it but he did it last night and i’m worried that he won’t have anything to drink. he refuses to drink from a bottle although i always put one in for him just in case. does anyone have any suggestions of what i can do to stop him doing this or make it harder for him?

Another vote for a large heavy dog water bowel.
Although this does stop their fun

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Big, heavy ceramic dog bowl. You can always put a smaller bowl inside it. I also use large plastic plant pot saucers underneath water bowl that may get tipped up or splashed in - saves on puppy pads.

How about something like this, then? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Andiker-Hanging-Removable-Stainless-Feeder/dp/B07TZ378PL/ Of course, you'd need something to attach it to.
Lopsy would kick the bottom of the 'hanger' and the bowl would fly out :lol:

The bowl mine have is big enough for them to swim in :D The more water you put in, the harder it is for them to move it! Lopsy will sit with his bum hanging over shorter bowls so this works really well for us :D

856384_10101835885484568_8149245273710359247_o.jpg

Keletkezes has exactly the bowl I have for all my pairs. No chance of knocking over one of those full of water.

Back