• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So im bonding

You may find she follows Gary to you eventually it'll just take a lot longer to build trust with her.

Do you think putting them back outside will upset her?

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

You may find she follows Gary to you eventually it'll just take a lot longer to build trust with her.

Do you think putting them back outside will upset her?

I'm going to make sure they can't be near each other, I had the intention of bonding a trio, I was changing the housing around everyday and dolly was sitting with them outside of their run at nights and obviously i encouraged this ,as it's part of pre bonding, even though I always wondered how Ani would cope. Maybe the fact they are settled now and not getting moved around, that must of been awful for a Bunny with disabilities of any kind.. Ani needs routine and stability. I Watch her from a distance and She relies on her brother so much, last night when I took their greens out before bed, they were in the run and he ran into the shed and she didn't know where he had gone, it took her ages to work it out. I switched the light on in the shed but obviously it made no difference, I don't like to go and get her as it freaks her out more ,so I just have to wait till she comes... Ani has been my main concern through all of this. I only ended up with her because I went to pick Gary up with the intention of bonding with Dolly and she was sitting huddled in the corner. I actually took Gary and left her [emoji22] and I felt sick , half way home I had to go back and get her, I just knew she wasn't right and the situation wasn't right.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Oh bless her, hopefully with time she'll gain some confidence with it all.

Good that he's such a good brother to her!

Aw bless you for bringing Ani home. I hope all of them settle in their respective pairs and that you dont miss them being inside tooooo much.

I got the shed all ready and took the plunge and put them outside, nothing special happened, I was going to do it all slowly but I didn't, it all went well so after a couple of hours, i opened the runs as I felt it was going to be ok, infact it probably was the best decision, as Dolly has more places to run and hide If Dennis keeps pestering her. They are acting the same outside as they were in here, so im taking that as a positive sign. However, I've been in tears, i miss them so much, I would much prefer them in my room with me but it's too small and when the weather gets warmer they will suffer..
I feel like I've lost something..[emoji22]
Bitter sweet, my baby's left home to live with a boy [emoji22][emoji22]

I’m so glad that it’s gone well :love: perhaps you could have a chair in their shed so you can sit with them :wave:

I am pleased the transition went very smoothly and you will get used to not having them there. Bless 'em!

Awwww I wish I could show videos. Dolly literally jumped a metre high in a Binky.

This afternoon Dolly has been in the run and Dennis has been in the shed periscoping and playing, I know it's normal for this to happen ,and a good sign that they are living life as a couple but also spend time apart.

I am thinking of changing his name again , I call him absolutely anything but Dennis,[emoji1787] I call him Barry or Robert , I think I'm Gonna have to go back to Rabbo.
Do you think Rabbo is a nice name regardless of the fact my daughter calls him Wabbo[emoji4]?
Names are so important yet so hard to stick
One of my budgies is called little legs [emoji1787]
When we first got Gary he was jude, julian and Brian but i kept calling him Gary so that ended up being his name.

I am thinking of changing his name again , I call him absolutely anything but Dennis,[emoji1787] I call him Barry or Robert , I think I'm Gonna have to go back to Rabbo.
Do you think Rabbo is a nice name regardless of the fact my daughter calls him Wabbo[emoji4]?
Names are so important yet so hard to stick

I agree with your daughter, I like the name Wabbo :D

Richard

Just a new update, they have the shed and both runs, he's still on a hump fest in between doing normal stuff, but I think it's the norm for Dolly and she's isnt bothered. At nights I sit downstairs working with the patio door open and she comes in to say hi and brings him in with her for a treat and a cuddle. He's normally attached to her backside anyway [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787].
I have had to put a dark sheet over Ani and Gary's run on one side so they can't see dolly and Dennis.
In time I will take the sheet away.
Those of you who have buns side by side, do they get used to each other eventually?

Those of you who have buns side by side, do they get used to each other eventually?

I've no experience myself, but friends who have two pairs living side by side have to maintain a sheet of plywood between the two runs so the two pairs cannot see each other.
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I have 2 pairs next to one another and I put a piece of ply inbetween. They seem much happier this way.

Back