• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So im bonding

Mine were super easy: it was evident in about 5mins on the second that Chibbs had claimed top spot and Lopsy just wanted his old home back! Lopsy is the easiest walkover to bond :lol: It's looking good, best of luck :D

Oh dear. He will not stop honking and trying to hump her , she's telling him over and over again go away nicely and then she snaps, nips him and he goes away .. She was washing her feet and he stuck his head in the way but she refused to groom him.. She has no interest in humping him or chasing him at all, but if he groomed Her she would be happy. She just wants him to leave her alone.
Is there anything I can do to stop him trying to mount her or is that part of the bonding process, even though she's sick of it and it is getting her angry. As I was typing this, She actually just let him hump her side , its like shes had enough of telling him off. Now she's lieing down and he's just looking At her. How long can this Go on for. I'm seeing progress at times. He's just too excitable, The rescue said he was a ladies man and chatted to the lady guinea pigs when they were cleaning him out. I thought they were joking but he really is a very vocal boy.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

It’s really early days so I wouldn’t worry about that, they need to learn to trust each other, that will come in time I’m sure.

Lopsy-Aboleth was a bit of a Lopsy-humping fest for about 24hrs, then Aboleth started on him and he gave up any ideas of being top bun :D So 24hrs would be a minimum maybe?

As long as they aren't fighting then every hour that passes that is an hour plus, even if there is humping, fur pulling and mounting, it is all part of the sorting out stage. I have separated mine for the first night and it has never been detrimental and it gives everybun a break. Could we have more photos please?

I think Rodney is pretty unique but we got to the grooming stage after a week of the telling off stuff.

It all sounds like they're trying to work things out between them!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Not much to see really.just a completely trashed room [emoji1787].
a0a60e782f1d631bc30ea225b4a712e1.jpg

They are actually starting to look like they are enjoying themselves, a Binky in between the drama. Calmer moments. I can feel they are not strangers anymore but not friends.. He just wants to hump her desperately but she's running away from him instead of nipping him, like she's teasing him..He keeps going over to her and lying on top of her and then she nips him.not once have I seen him hip her, Also he's becoming more interested in his surroundings, so I gave them the wicker basket back. I have made a divider in case I need to leave the room which at some point I will have to.
5ac5bb8fbe79422f37e21f027b63b3ce.jpg

If you've got two neutralish (not from their regular home) things with multiple exits to allow for a quick exit you might find it helps them relax.

If you've got two neutralish (not from their regular home) things with multiple exits to allow for a quick exit you might find it helps them relax.

This sums up exactly how I feel right now . He's gone quiet, we both need a nap [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I can take the ones out my other couples shed but that might cause a riot. I have cardboard boxes I can make them x
8637897d155c10638d28f89ef8a63a82.jpg

Aww cute! I do love a good dbf when they're not giving me a heart attack [emoji1787]

Yes that works we made one out of the mesh I'd bought for separating them and topped it with cardboard and newly washed bunny towels.

So , he's still pestering her and she's not happy,. She puts up with so much and then nips him away. I can see so much potential, they are so similar in personality but the fact he wants to mount her ruins everything.
I rang the rescue this morning to ask more about him , he was dumped outside a shelter, I don't know how anyone could do that , he's the sweetest boy, but they also said he was neutered on the 18th december , which is only 4 weeks today. If I had of known that I would of probably waited a couple more weeks.
Do you think i should separate and try again in a couple of weeks time or carry on?
I'm Thinking he may be still hormonal , because without the humping and grunting they would love each other .

So , he's still pestering her and she's not happy,. She puts up with so much and then nips him away. I can see so much potential, they are so similar in personality but the fact he wants to mount her ruins everything.
I rang the rescue this morning to ask more about him , he was dumped outside a shelter, I don't know how anyone could do that , he's the sweetest boy, but they also said he was neutered on the 18th december , which is only 4 weeks today. If I had of known that I would of probably waited a couple more weeks.
Do you think i should separate and try again in a couple of weeks time or carry on?
I'm Thinking he may be still hormonal , because without the humping and grunting they would love each other .

Also to add to this I get like I'm making progress but I'm unsure which way to go. Carry on or go back to separate housing and try again. Look at pic X [emoji173]
5b24196e12c94cda2f04ada97dd813a0.jpg

I can only add my experiences - we had a LOT of honking and a LOT LOT of humping. Almost constant for 24hrs. It took quite a long time to calm down, and every time we thought we could breathe again he started again. We had to expand territory really really slowly as each step would increase humping again. But Odin was a single rabbit with just a guinea pig friend since he was a baby, then he was handed in to rescue in the pet shop and the only home was the glass tank in the middle of the shop, then he came to us, so by the time he met Freja he was really anxious and stressed tbh.
BUT - these days they are just beautiful, can't remember the last time we heard him honk (oh how I learned to dread that noise!) in that manner, now the last time he humped her. Finally her coat is almost grown back completely. So it's worth it in the end, just incredibly stressful in the meantime!!
We did find PetRemedy calming spray/plug in incredibly useful.

I can only add my experiences - we had a LOT of honking and a LOT LOT of humping. Almost constant for 24hrs. It took quite a long time to calm down, and every time we thought we could breathe again he started again. We had to expand territory really really slowly as each step would increase humping again. But Odin was a single rabbit with just a guinea pig friend since he was a baby, then he was handed in to rescue in the pet shop and the only home was the glass tank in the middle of the shop, then he came to us, so by the time he met Freja he was really anxious and stressed tbh.
BUT - these days they are just beautiful, can't remember the last time we heard him honk (oh how I learned to dread that noise!) in that manner, now the last time he humped her. Finally her coat is almost grown back completely. So it's worth it in the end, just incredibly stressful in the meantime!!
We did find PetRemedy calming spray/plug in incredibly useful.
thank you so much. It's like a constant buzzing noise and I think oh hear we go again. I will carry on I know they like each other X

I feel the vibe changing. No aggression at all, they would be amazing if he understood friend zone. She wants a friend and wants grooming and a snuggle and he wants to mount and grunt and also stalk her [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]. I had them cuddling next to each other while I stroked them, and she snuggled into him but the minute he has nothing going on he's away again. I'm finding it quite Comical really. Dolly has alot more patience than I ever would. I gave her a house to hide In for a rest and he's stalking her [emoji1787]
I think separating right now, regardless of how long it's been since his neuter is not in there best interests.. I've came this far and it's getting better.
He is going to be the most loveliest friend, once he works out that humping is not the answer. X
c197796e0f0b4a2aa63ffe727dcd8947.jpg

I'm glad you've decided to keep going. Doubts (ours) are as much a part of the processs as the excessive humping. Its lovely to hear of the vibe changing - from an outsiders perspective it all sounds posititive

Back