• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So im bonding

glitterdust

Warren Scout
I'm in My small bedroom, window wide open, attempting to bond dolly and foster bun rabbo. I'm doing 24/7 with the hope it won't last too long.
So far at first, I had dolly Warning him away, alot of thumping from both. Grooming , flopping, as soon as he goes near her she goes for him. Shes sitting with a face like a smacked backside, but what I can't get my head around is why I feel like I'm sitting in a pig sty. The grunting is something I've never heard before.. I'm also unsure, as to when to intervene and when to let them sort it out. . Its only 11.00am and I'm waiting till 12 before i have a nerve calming small wine..
It's confusing because she's actually eating pellets inbetween, its quite comical really. So please throw the tips at me. No humping from either. I can see who is going to be dominent it's up-to rabbo to accept this. I don't want to stop the interactions, if it's safe and I know they have to figure out who's in charge,but when do i intervene with my dust pan.
Please send any advice over, I've got the next 24 hours or more to work this out. Right now they are looking at each other. X
e6d86ed1062bbc0c376147befa0f81af.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I reckon Dolly will play hard- to -get for awhile. I usually keep talking to them, maybe Stop it! now and then. The last 2 I bonded were like this. She wasn't interested for a day or so and just as I thought it wasn't going to work I caught him licking her face, so I knew they were going to be ok. This was in a hutch but it is much better if they have more space. Keep the treats handy and if she is being unfriendly just tell her off! He seems quite docile so shouldn't cause any problems. Act normally as if you aren't worried :D and it should take about 3 days.Go easy with the wine :lol:

Sit tight and keep everything crossed.
Be prepared to throw in some more hay / food as a distraction.
Wine is good, but you must still be able to stand up without wobbling, and only see 2 rabbits, or it gets confusing. :lol:

Sit tight and keep everything crossed.
Be prepared to throw in some more hay / food as a distraction.
Wine is good, but you must still be able to stand up without wobbling, and only see 2 rabbits, or it gets confusing. [emoji38]
I'm using it for Medicinal purposes Lol. They just had a scuffle, I picked dolly up , calmed her down and then she was fine. I made the mistake of putting only 1 kale leaf down, I though they would share, wrong move..
Why is he grunting constantly though, is this something that some bunnies do?
It really baffles me how bunnies need company, but they literally have to fight to get be friends.
Not much happening now as you can see [emoji4]
168474f4a256f70b166292e40bd49992.jpg

I’d be careful they don’t try to claim territories. I ended up removing litter tray as they were claiming it, instead I put hay in the middle and forage and herbs scattered in the hay, to encourage them to share

I’d be careful they don’t try to claim territories. I ended up removing litter tray as they were claiming it, instead I put hay in the middle and forage and herbs scattered in the hay, to encourage them to share
OK, I get that completely. If it's 24/7 where are they gonna go wee, shall I put the litter box back in later

He's a lovely Bunny! It looks like you might have an easy bond there! They have to get to know one another and trust one another which takes time. Don't expect too much at this stage! I am going to be outside for a few hours now. Been waiting for the rain to stop :roll:

OK, I get that completely. If it's 24/7 where are they gonna go wee, shall I put the litter box back in later

Mine just did it on the hay! You could try replacing it once they are interacting.

eeek. What adorable bunnies. I think advice i to only intervene if circling, proper fighting. Odd nip, hump & chase is fine

Joey is very grunty when he's in the mood for "love" :lol:

Good luck. Enjoy your wine (I had to move to spirits eventually, less trips to the loo :lol:)

eeek. What adorable bunnies. I think advice i to only intervene if circling, proper fighting. Odd nip, hump & chase is fine

Joey is very grunty when he's in the mood for "love" [emoji38]

Good luck. Enjoy your wine (I had to move to spirits eventually, less trips to the loo [emoji38])
We are currently at, odd nip, mainly off dolly anytime he comes grunting near her, no circling but chasing with grunts from both and no humping as dolly wont allow it at all, yet she's not attempting to hump him either... Lots of thumping from both, They both look pretty grumpy though..

I mean if I'm honest I couldn't think of anything worse than I man chasing me around grunting. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I mean if I'm honest I couldn't think of anything worse than I man chasing me around grunting. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

yeah I wouldn't be too impressed by them dancing over me spraying wee either
when I bonded J&B J made B eat her poo . Its nice when you can get relaed enough to see the humour in it all as lets face it, theres plenty :lol:

yeah I wouldn't be too impressed by them dancing over me spraying wee either
when I bonded J&B J made B eat her poo . Its nice when you can get relaed enough to see the humour in it all as lets face it, theres plenty [emoji38]
Your not wrong Lol. It's getting quite boring really, chase , grunt , lunge , thump, sleep then repeat, I'm having a swig of wine in between holding the Dust pan.
Im waiting for the postman to bring the metal grids so I can separate them while i leave the room. Ive eaten all the Xmas chocolate that was left, I might have a carrot cruncher if I'm here for much longer. My daughter is in the other room but i asked her to help and she also grunted something which wasn't clear but I took it as a no. Oh well. [emoji4]

They look adorable!

Me and my hubby take turns watching them which works nicely. You may just have to beg your daughter for small breaks lol.

We added in two loos and extra bits slowly over a good few hours/days which worked well and don't seem to have been claimed. They seem to use both really, same with two water bowls. We started with one and it was very apparent that Blossom was guarding it as a precious resource bless her.

It is so hard to know when to intervene but they sounds like they're doing well.

I too was surprised about the grunting and growling, I'd not heard it before we got Blossom.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Joey is very grunty when he's in the mood for "love" :lol:

Good luck. Enjoy your wine (I had to move to spirits eventually, less trips to the loo :lol:)

I agree with this :wave: although I didn’t go on to spirits :lol:

Back