• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So im bonding

Well i had to check this little boy was feeling alright this morning, as he wasn't chasing Dolly around like a mad man.
I've rang the rescue and formally adopted him[emoji173] ,he's not called rabbo anymore he's called Dennis. My daughter can't say Her Rs properly and was calling him wabbo [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] how funny.. It's quite calm in the bonding shack now.
If it stays like this can i put them outside at the weekend?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
cb0197f3bc9b8163b1f1cb132a179239.jpg

Last edited:
Great news :love: I’d see how they get on between now and the weekend. best not to rush things imo. I once adopted a pair from a rescue, brothers who had been together since birth and had the most incredible close bond. Got them home and they had a fight due to the territory change:roll:luckily once I reduced space, scatter fed they settled thankfully. that’s why I’m cautious moving bunnies.

Pleased to see them happy together! Friday is set to be a nicer day here so maybe then to put them out? Take them together and they should be fine, maybe a little scuffle as they sometimes have to re-sort the hierarchy, but usually don't.

Such a heart-warming pic on such a dreary morning :love: Well done for adopting him too :love: I think they'd be fine to go outside by the weekend.

:love: the pic wasn’t there when I replied before. They do look very content together :love: if they are like that and it’s peaceful by the weekend I’m sure it will be fine to move them then :love:

Fantastic! Just bear in mind that any move, however small you make it, has the potential to kick off humping again but they'll work through quicker each time.

Fantastic! Just bear in mind that any move, however small you make it, has the potential to kick off humping again but they'll work through quicker each time.
Yeah that's my fear. At least I'm aware that it subsides eventually.
So would it be better to just give them the shed and both runs straightaway, as that will be permanent housing or still just bottom floor shed first till humping stops then run 1 and then run 2. I don't know which way will be best if each time they get more or new space it will start again.
So complex these buns [emoji4]

Yeah that's my fear. At least I'm aware that it subsides eventually.
So would it be better to just give them the shed and both runs straightaway, as that will be permanent housing or still just bottom floor shed first till humping stops then run 1 and then run 2. I don't know which way will be best if each time they get more or new space it will start again.
So complex these buns [emoji4]
Indeed! I'd do shed, then shed+run, then shed+run+run :) Maybe a week in between, depends on how confident they are with each other and their new space each time :)

They look so cute together!

Definitely recommend expanding space slowly.

Our two went backwards a bit when we moved them and now a week later are moving forward again.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Indeed! I'd do shed, then shed+run, then shed+run+run :) Maybe a week in between, depends on how confident they are with each other and their new space each time :)

This - although the humping starts again each time, the smaller the change the less it happens, too big a change makes it much worse/take longer to settle and I believe can push the delicate new bond too far and trigger fights. See how they go in the shed, but I'd even consider splitting the runs up if needs be, so that you can increse space so slowly they almost don't notice it. We managed a couple of increases without escalation by making it a very small change. And I'd definitely do a week between - or longer if they haven't settled down by then.

This - although the humping starts again each time, the smaller the change the less it happens, too big a change makes it much worse/take longer to settle and I believe can push the delicate new bond too far and trigger fights. See how they go in the shed, but I'd even consider splitting the runs up if needs be, so that you can increse space so slowly they almost don't notice it. We managed a couple of increases without escalation by making it a very small change. And I'd definitely do a week between - or longer if they haven't settled down by then.
OK that's what I will do..
Thank you. Will keep you informed, starting Saturday maybe or Sunday with see what the vibes like. [emoji4]

I have realised today that Dennis (rabbo) actually does that pig sound all the time even when not mounting Dolly. Is this normal?
Oh and the pet rescue spray , he likes to lick it off Dolly , I don't know why because it smells and tastes absolutely awful.. Yes i had to taste it just to see if it tasted how it smells and it does. [emoji5]

I have realised today that Dennis (rabbo) actually does that pig sound all the time even when not mounting Dolly. Is this normal?
Oh and the pet rescue spray , he likes to lick it off Dolly , I don't know why because it smells and tastes absolutely awful.. Yes i had to taste it just to see if it tasted how it smells and it does. [emoji5]

The honking willl probably cam down too over time - Odin was incessant with that too, but these days we just get quiet little honks from time to time. But yeah, we found the pet remedy just triggered grooming better than anything else so we took advantage of that!

Have you ever seen anything as cute is this? Well you probably have but I'm in awe of these 2..
I wish I could keep them inside with me. They both came and lay next to me on the bed.
1de48c4147a6fe4053504990f0cb9c0a.jpg

Back