• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So im bonding

I'm keeping them in my room untill the new shed comes end of Feb. The weather is too unpredictable.. They are happy and still getting to know each other, so I am presuming the extra time in the bedroom will seal the bond further and less chance of drama if they go into a brand new shed. [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I need a decent brush to get all the hay up off the floor though.
Any recommendations?

I'm not sure whether it will be good to put them out at the end of Feb, Jane will be able to advise on this better.

I have just started using a rubber brush and it's much better than the normal ones.

Unfortunately there's no miracle solution that I've managed to find.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

I'm not sure whether it will be good to put them out at the end of Feb, Jane will be able to advise on this better.
So do you think maybe sooner rather than later then , Dolly still has her winter coat now, no heating in the room, but it's defo alot warmer than outside at the moment even with the window open, .they don't have the space they would have outside.
I did go out today and sort the shed out , it wasn't that cold inside of it as it's insulated with that silver foil stuff , but it's still freezing, maybe transition them, put them out through the day, bedroom as night till it gets warmer.
It has to be Antarctic weather didn't it [emoji4]

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gonna wait. Ive been sitting stroking Dolly and she's moulting, so I will wait till spring and the weather is Warmer.
They bounce around my bed and have the floor so they have room, just not much for a good old run, dennis binkies on the spot.
I could take them downstairs for a few hours at nights and let them run around the sitting room. Dolly has been there before though so im worried she will get all territorial.
Would this cause problems?
I don't wanna do anything that could cause any problems [emoji4] xx

Last edited:
Have you got a thermometer to see what the difference is between outside and in? A couple of mine are starting to moult but they are outside. It's difficult to know what to do. If there is only a difference of 5 degrees you could put them outside with lots of bedding. It is going to be milder this week.

Have you got a thermometer to see what the difference is between outside and in? A couple of mine are starting to moult but they are outside. It's difficult to know what to do. If there is only a difference of 5 degrees you could put them outside with lots of bedding. It is going to be milder this week.
I havent got a themometer but it is significantly colder when I go in the room.i have to keep my dressing gown over my clothes in bed at night, I don't think Dennis has his winter coat though , his fur is baby soft and he was dumped outside the shelter on 8th december so maybe was inside until then..
I removed the hutch from the shed as it was dolly's but I've put a hide In which I could fill with straw and snuggle safes if need be.. I just don't know..

I'd do the temperature check and work out the difference first.

If you have a meat thermometer or fridge thermometer those usually go down low enough to measure out and indoors.

I'd do the temperature check and work out the difference first.

If you have a meat thermometer or fridge thermometer those usually go down low enough to measure out and indoors.

5 outside and 12 in room today so 7 degrees difference. Sun comes in for a few hours on bright days..My shed is delayed now anyway until mid March. Happy habitats are struggling with covid and getting supplies, I bought the shed in November but it looks like its going to be a month late. My room gets quite warm in the spring/summer so I need to get them back out before then. [emoji4]

I would do it now in that case. We have a few milder days this week down here, I think they will be fine. The temperature outside fluctuates quite a lot anyway.

I would do it now in that case. We have a few milder days this week down here, I think they will be fine. The temperature outside fluctuates quite a lot anyway.
Yes tomorrow I'm going for it. Awwwwww gonna miss them.so so much [emoji22]

You will possibly miss them - we had a 10 degree difference here yesterday so they do cope ok. Sorry about your shed, I was thinking of buying a new Playhouse cos one of mine is 13 years old. Good luck today.

You will possibly miss them - we had a 10 degree difference here yesterday so they do cope ok. Sorry about your shed, I was thinking of buying a new Playhouse cos one of mine is 13 years old. Good luck today.
Waiting untill tomorrow unless the rain stops.
Any excuse for more snuggles.
1dadc12c39d52fb046b7c98c5ec75f83.jpg

I have to say I put off putting them outside today because it's raining and wet and horrible but I'm pleased , because I have witnessed 0 mounting and no honking so far today [emoji50]. I'm thinking tomorrow he is 6 weeks post op, so either hormones are settling ,or he's just bored of trying [emoji4]. He has spent more time helping me work or should i say picking up envelopes and rearranging them. I'm praying none of my customers find bunny poop in there parcels [emoji50][emoji23]

I'm so pleased I didn't go down the trio route, as Ani cannot see very Good at all, She follows Gary's scent everywhere, they are never, ever apart.
Ive also noticed that since Dolly has been out of the garden completely, Ani and Gary are so clean, no poops or wee anywhere.
Ani was pulling fur out of her feet before, but it's stopped completely now.
I want to smother her with love, but this little bun is so scared of everything, I can't. She is happy In Gary's shadow and that's good enough for me [emoji4]

Last edited:
Back