Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mean Casper

Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Casper just chased Sophie away again for no clear reason. =(
    I'm really hoping they settle again.

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    I'm really hoping they settle again.
    Thank you, really. There's been more uncharacteristic chasing by him since then, but currently they're cuddling and he's washing her ears, so... I don't really get why he's doing it. It keeps happening out of nowhere. =(

Thank you, really. There's been more uncharacteristic chasing by him since then, but currently they're cuddling and he's washing her ears, so... I don't really get why he's doing it. It keeps happening out of nowhere. =(
    I hope it’s ‘just’ early spring fever and things will settle. No one could do any more for them both than you

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I hope itís Ďjustí early spring fever and things will settle. No one could do any more for them both than you
    Thank you, Zoobec. That's very kind of you to say. Hopefully it's early spring fever, yes...

We've had a bit of a weird morning. I'd just given Sophie and Casper their food balls with part of their breakfast in it, and Casper was chasing a ball, and then suddenly turned and went to sit quietly in a corner. So, I went up to him, but he was very wary and wouldn't take any of the pellets I offered him, so I was already planning another vet visit in my head, thinking his teeth were bothering him after all, but while I was looking up which vet is working this weekend he calmed down and started looking for pellets in his ball pit. I offered him some and he ate them, no problem. I guess he got spooked by something? He's fine now, but he still seems very wary of me.

Sounds like wee Caspar had an off moment there, I'm glad all seems well now & hope he's not so wary with you.

Thank you, Zoobec. That's very kind of you to say. Hopefully it's early spring fever, yes...

We've had a bit of a weird morning. I'd just given Sophie and Casper their food balls with part of their breakfast in it, and Casper was chasing a ball, and then suddenly turned and went to sit quietly in a corner. So, I went up to him, but he was very wary and wouldn't take any of the pellets I offered him, so I was already planning another vet visit in my head, thinking his teeth were bothering him after all, but while I was looking up which vet is working this weekend he calmed down and started looking for pellets in his ball pit. I offered him some and he ate them, no problem. I guess he got spooked by something? He's fine now, but he still seems very wary of me.
    Maybe he’s a bit wary because of being unsettled by the vet visit?

Atticus does this sometimes, it's like something scares him even though nothings really happened...? And then he calms down and comes back over and takes a treat or something.. I wish I knew what it was!

I hope your two settle down

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    Sounds like wee Caspar had an off moment there, I'm glad all seems well now & hope he's not so wary with you.
    Thank you, j&b. I went to check on them earlier and he immediately thumped and ran away, so I'm clearly not his favourite person today!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Maybe heís a bit wary because of being unsettled by the vet visit?
    Oh, that would definitely explain it! Maybe he's worried I'll take him to the vet today, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Atticus does this sometimes, it's like something scares him even though nothings really happened...? And then he calms down and comes back over and takes a treat or something.. I wish I knew what it was!

I hope your two settle down

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Oh, Atticus has moments like that, too! I wonder what it is that scares them in those moments. Maybe some sound we can't hear? Wouldn't it be nice if they could just tell us what's bothering them?