• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mean Casper

Thank you, really. There's been more uncharacteristic chasing by him since then, but currently they're cuddling and he's washing her ears, so... I don't really get why he's doing it. It keeps happening out of nowhere. =(

:cry: I hope it’s ‘just’ early spring fever and things will settle. No one could do any more for them both than you :love:

:cry: I hope it’s ‘just’ early spring fever and things will settle. No one could do any more for them both than you :love:
Thank you, Zoobec. That's very kind of you to say. :love: Hopefully it's early spring fever, yes...

We've had a bit of a weird morning. I'd just given Sophie and Casper their food balls with part of their breakfast in it, and Casper was chasing a ball, and then suddenly turned and went to sit quietly in a corner. So, I went up to him, but he was very wary and wouldn't take any of the pellets I offered him, so I was already planning another vet visit in my head, thinking his teeth were bothering him after all, but while I was looking up which vet is working this weekend he calmed down and started looking for pellets in his ball pit. I offered him some and he ate them, no problem. I guess he got spooked by something? He's fine now, but he still seems very wary of me. :?

Sounds like wee Caspar had an off moment there, I'm glad all seems well now & hope he's not so wary with you.

Thank you, Zoobec. That's very kind of you to say. :love: Hopefully it's early spring fever, yes...

We've had a bit of a weird morning. I'd just given Sophie and Casper their food balls with part of their breakfast in it, and Casper was chasing a ball, and then suddenly turned and went to sit quietly in a corner. So, I went up to him, but he was very wary and wouldn't take any of the pellets I offered him, so I was already planning another vet visit in my head, thinking his teeth were bothering him after all, but while I was looking up which vet is working this weekend he calmed down and started looking for pellets in his ball pit. I offered him some and he ate them, no problem. I guess he got spooked by something? He's fine now, but he still seems very wary of me. :?

Maybe he’s a bit wary because of being unsettled by the vet visit?

Atticus does this sometimes, it's like something scares him even though nothings really happened...? And then he calms down and comes back over and takes a treat or something.. I wish I knew what it was!

I hope your two settle down

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like wee Caspar had an off moment there, I'm glad all seems well now & hope he's not so wary with you.
Thank you, j&b. I went to check on them earlier and he immediately thumped and ran away, so I'm clearly not his favourite person today!

Maybe he’s a bit wary because of being unsettled by the vet visit?
Oh, that would definitely explain it! Maybe he's worried I'll take him to the vet today, too...

Atticus does this sometimes, it's like something scares him even though nothings really happened...? And then he calms down and comes back over and takes a treat or something.. I wish I knew what it was!

I hope your two settle down

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Oh, Atticus has moments like that, too! I wonder what it is that scares them in those moments. Maybe some sound we can't hear? Wouldn't it be nice if they could just tell us what's bothering them?

Well, we have another vet visit this afternoon as Casper's been having very small poops since yesterday. I tried to encourage him yesterday to eat a lot of fibre and wet veggies to keep things moving, but it hasn't helped and he wasn't as enthusiastic about the veggies as he normally is. Not sure if it's his teeth or the stress from last week's vet appointments, but either way he needs some help. Thankfully, he's still very active and eating his hay and pellets.

Thank you, Zoobec, keletkezes, Walli, and CarelessSquid07. :love:

When I went in the vet said, "You weren't supposed to come back this soon," haha. Anyway, she's quite certain it's his teeth, that the spurs are bothering him, since his gut feels fine. He has meds to keep his gut moving now, and syringe feed because he isn't eating as much as usual and to get some fluids into him, and then hopefully he'll be in better shape in a few days so he can have his dental on Thursday. They'll take an x-ray to see how his molar roots are doing, too.

The good news is that Sophie's blood tests results were in already and everything's great. :D I feel a bit bad now that I put her through all that when she turned out to be fine, but it's better than not investigating and it being something bad, of course...

So, maybe Casper's grumpy behaviour is because of his teeth after all? Have we solved the mystery? I guess we'll see if he stops being mean to Sophie once he's had his dental.

Thank you, Zoobec, keletkezes, Walli, and CarelessSquid07. :love:

When I went in the vet said, "You weren't supposed to come back this soon," haha. Anyway, she's quite certain it's his teeth, that the spurs are bothering him, since his gut feels fine. He has meds to keep his gut moving now, and syringe feed because he isn't eating as much as usual and to get some fluids into him, and then hopefully he'll be in better shape in a few days so he can have his dental on Thursday. They'll take an x-ray to see how his molar roots are doing, too.

The good news is that Sophie's blood tests results were in already and everything's great. :D I feel a bit bad now that I put her through all that when she turned out to be fine, but it's better than not investigating and it being something bad, of course...

So, maybe Casper's grumpy behaviour is because of his teeth after all? Have we solved the mystery? I guess we'll see if he stops being mean to Sophie once he's had his dental.

It does sound like Caspar needing a dental could have been the problem doesn't it. Everything crossed his dental goes well. Does he take syrine feeds easily? Fantastic news about Sophies bloods :love:

I’m glad you have a plan for Casper, fingers crossed his dental goes well on Thursday :love: I’m glad Sophie’s results are all good :wave:

I'm so pleased about Sophie's blood test results :) I hope that the odd behaviour was in fact Casper's teeth and that once these are treated all will return to normal.

It does sound like Caspar needing a dental could have been the problem doesn't it. Everything crossed his dental goes well. Does he take syrine feeds easily? Fantastic news about Sophies bloods :love:
Thank you. :love: He's not the worst with syringe feeds, but also not the best... He dislikes being held more than the feeding itself, I think. Being held makes him anxious, but if I don't hold him he'll just run away instead of taking the syringe feed. He doesn't like it so much that he'll eat it voluntarily.

I’m glad you have a plan for Casper, fingers crossed his dental goes well on Thursday :love: I’m glad Sophie’s results are all good :wave:
Thank you, Zoobec. :love:

I'm so pleased about Sophie's blood test results :) I hope that the odd behaviour was in fact Casper's teeth and that once these are treated all will return to normal.
Thank you, too, Omi. :) Hopefully having his teeth treated will make him go back to his normal self, yes.

Back