• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mean Casper

Thank you, Zoobec. :love:

He's eating quite well today! He's eating more of the stalky timothy hay right now. :love:

I hope he's back to normal nomming soon, sounds like he's doing much better today :) my buns love the stalky hay Idk what it is about it, but they all go nuts for stalky timothy hay [emoji7] my boy rabbit with digestive issues does the best on stalky hay too. I wish I knew more about different hays tbh :)

Oh and I think I read that if they have mouth discomfort they stop eating pellets first sometimes (something to do with the way they eat hard pellets compared with hay), so it's great he's eating them again :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I hope he's back to normal nomming soon, sounds like he's doing much better today :) my buns love the stalky hay Idk what it is about it, but they all go nuts for stalky timothy hay [emoji7] my boy rabbit with digestive issues does the best on stalky hay too. I wish I knew more about different hays tbh :)

Oh and I think I read that if they have mouth discomfort they stop eating pellets first sometimes (something to do with the way they eat hard pellets compared with hay), so it's great he's eating them again :)

Thank you. He's definitely doing much better today. :love: Sophie and Casper love the stalky hay best, too! I wonder what it is about stalky hay that makes it better for digestive issues for Atticus... Maybe it has more fibre? I don't know...

That makes sense, I think, what you read about how they sometimes stop eating pellets first. They do have to chew those in a different way... Although, Sophie's previous friend, Tom, was a dental bunny, and he'd always stop eating his greens first, and would sometimes only eat pellets and nothing else, so maybe it depends on the bunny, too? But for Casper it's great, yes, that he's eating them again, since he did start having difficulty with pellets first. :)

Great news :love:
Thank you. :love:

He's sounds like he's almost there:love: clever boy. Does Sophie like the new Timothy hay too?
Yes, I think he is! :love: She does love new timothy hay, too, yes! When I got it I dumped a small pile of it in front of her to see if she liked it, and she started eating right away and didn't stop for a while. :D

Sounds like hes much improved great news!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Thank you! He is!

Just wanted to let you all know that Casper is all back to normal today. He isn't getting the gut meds anymore, and only his normal Metacam dosage, and he's eating well and his poops are good, too. :D:love:

Just wanted to let you all know that Casper is all back to normal today. He isn't getting the gut meds anymore, and only his normal Metacam dosage, and he's eating well and his poops are good, too. :D:love:
I'm so pleased, nice one Casper [emoji7]

Well done Caspar :love: I'm glad the hay is a winner with both your bunnies too. I feel a celebratory photograph is in order

Okay, here are two celebratory photos of Casper eating his new hay:

JFORd6Hh.jpg

S20skk1h.jpg

:love:

Just realised I've being spelling Casper wrong :oops:
That's okay! You were close. :D

Lovely Casper, he looks happy. Your room looks like its been visited by Boo:lol: though (minus the poo)

Aw, thank you, everyone. :love:

Lovely Casper, he looks happy. Your room looks like its been visited by Boo:lol: though (minus the poo)
Yes, I've just been putting piles of hay and other food everywhere this past week to encourage him to eat, so the hay is everywhere now. :lol: They seem to enjoy being able to reach the hay from where they're napping without having to get up, though. Lazy rabbits. :lol:

Back