• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I get our second bunny to bond to me too?

LittleLi

New Kit
Hello all 🐰lovers! Anyone got any tips on how to get the second rabbit to bond to you too and not just your first rabbit? I had them apart for three weeks when we got our second rabbit and thought I got a bit of a bond with her but I had to introduce them sooner than anticipated as my first rabbit knew there was another rabbit in the house and he was getting really stressed. They are bonded fine now and he still loves us too ❤️ but our new rabbit doesn’t show any interest in us at all at the moment. Should I give her some alone time with us humans? She knows I am the bringer of food etc but is now not interested in any other interaction.

And before anyone jumps on me, yes I am super pleased they are bonded, however I would love to have a good bond with both of them ☺️

Not sure how long you've had the second bun but just give it time. I wouldn't necessarily give her alone time with you, but come down to her level and let her explore who you are.

All buns are different, I've had my female for 3 years and she just isn't that interested in humans, whereas I've had my male for a year and he's all over us. They have different personalities for sure.

I agree with everything Orenoko posted.

In my experience the more reserved bunny often comes round more to people when they've had a while watching their mate positively interact with them

I find lying on the floor with both bunnies with treats in my pockets helps with this sort of thing it some buns just aren't as human friendly especially initially.

Rodney took a good 9 months to get used to us.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Back