Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunny Vet Trip today

Default Bunny Vet Trip today

A planned one, so they get to see my favourire vet, Ruth. Can I just say it was really nice to travel in a non falling apart car.

Joey. Doing great, all aspects of health check passed with flying colours . Received triple vac. Currently weighing 2.6k (which is 100g heavier than I like him but I guess I'm being pedantic as Ruth had no issue_

Boobly is doing awesome. She hasn't had a dental for about a year & her teeth are looking better than at previous check up. She has been triple vacced too. Weighed in at a perfect 2.5k

Mousey has lost weight which I knew. Ruth suspects she may now have kidney disease though not keen on stressing her out with diagnostics as the treatment wouldn't change. It's very much about managing her & keeping her as comfy as possible. Her teeth are ok which is a massive relief. We are to syringe feed as part of her daily care, to increase calories & fluids. I'd been experimenting with syringe feeding the past week or so anyway & she loves it. We are upping her metacam for 10 days to see if that helps & if does she'll stay on that dose. She was triple vaccinated too. mouse is so unstable on her legs she was really struggling in the car so sat on my knee the whole time, giving my sleeve little kisses every so often

I’m glad that it went well Mousey in the car sounds adorable it sounds a good plan for Mouse, I’m glad she likes the syringe feeds

I’m so pleased that your vet trip went well. Mousey is such an amazing character - you are so blessed to have her and she you. Treats all round when they get home. Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

All sounds good, and even the 'bad' stuff wasn't unknown really
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

Lovely to hear this but you are such a good Rabbit carer. Well done to everybun. xx

Quote Originally Posted by keletkezes View Post
    All sounds good, and even the 'bad' stuff wasn't unknown really
    agreed. Its not so difficult to process with Mouse as it was with Rudey who was only 5 (& did not "look" like a renally dysfunctional rabbit) though tbh my mind was set on her needing a dental or having a massive lump somewhere.

Thanks everybun, Mousey knows she needs me know, I think thats the difference in her behaviour nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Lovely to hear this but you are such a good Rabbit carer. Well done to everybun. xx
    What a sweet thing to say - thanks tonibun

Glad all went well at the vets. Well done bunnies.

lovely update i'm glad it all went well & that you had a nice time in the car with Mouse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late.

Sounds like it was a positive visit, and it's great to hear that Joey and Boo are doing so well. It's good that you have a plan for Mousey's changing health, too, and it's wonderful that she loves the syringe feeding. It's excellent that her and Boo's teeth are looking good, too. That must be a relief, yeah! And how sweet that Mousey kept giving your sleeve kisses in the car.