• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ball pit experiment

they seem very comfortable with them don't they . It'll be interesting to see what they think without food as a motivator

Fabulous, looks like a success :D
Yes, I think so! :D

they seem very comfortable with them don't they . It'll be interesting to see what they think without food as a motivator
They do! I had expected them to need some time to get used to the balls. To be honest, they're rather lazy when they don't have food to motivate them. They don't really use their digging boxes unless I hide some pellets in them, and they really only like toys that they can either eat or have food inside them. I don't think they'd do much at all if I didn't use their food to motivate them to move. :lol:

Looks like they enjoy it :love:
Yes! :love:

You could be sneaky and hide a couple of treat balls that are the same size in amongst the normal balls....
What an excellent idea! :D I read your post before they had breakfast, so I tried it out right away. I only have one treat ball that is a similar size to the normal balls, but I put some of their breakfast in it and hid it among the balls, then I went to get them clean water and when I got back Sophie had already found it. :lol: I took a video so you can see them playing with it: https://imgur.com/Zmv8jYM

When I was in the living room during the night because I couldn't sleep, I could hear them playing with the balls, so I think they're having fun with them. :D

Back