• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ball pit experiment

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
In my efforts to keep Sophie and Casper from getting bored, I made them a ball pit area in their tent today. I thought it could be fun for them if I hide their pellets/treats among the balls and they can look for them. They're still taking their late morning/early afternoon nap, though, but I'll let you all know what they think of it. :lol:

7Og05l8h.jpg

Aw yes, Lopsy would be all over this! He loves chasing things and it's even better if there's food around :D

That looks brilliant :love:
Thanks! :love:

Aw yes, Lopsy would be all over this! He loves chasing things and it's even better if there's food around :D
Aww, sounds like Lopsy needs his own ball pit. ;):lol:

My lot would eat the balls :roll: :lol:
Nooo, they're not supposed to eat the balls. :lol: I actually considered that, whether it would be safe, but I think that it would be very difficult for them to get a grip on the balls since they're smooth and round; I think they'd just roll away...

Thanks! :love:

Aww, sounds like Lopsy needs his own ball pit. ;):lol:

Nooo, they're not supposed to eat the balls. :lol: I actually considered that, whether it would be safe, but I think that it would be very difficult for them to get a grip on the balls since they're smooth and round; I think they'd just roll away...

I am sure my John - Joe would find a way. Dara would lick them to death :lol:

Camera at the ready - we won't be satisfied with verbal reports . I really hope they like it. Never seen ball pool bunnies before

ah i did this for Orion! he actually had great fun. mine wasn't as fancy tho - just an underbed storage box and some balls. he loved jumping in it and causing mayhem, alongside flipping over the box sending balls flying. I've been thinking I should do it again for him some time. I didn't bring the box with me when I moved

95684553_653981948790133_4061831467536220160_n.png

ah i did this for Orion! he actually had great fun. mine wasn't as fancy tho - just an underbed storage box and some balls. he loved jumping in it and causing mayhem, alongside flipping over the box sending balls flying. I've been thinking I should do it again for him some time. I didn't bring the box with me when I moved

awww:love: I think Boobly might enjoy, she likes tactile experiences

I've got a load of ball pool balls, been thinking about trying these for the the big guys, can't wait to see what yours think!

Omg that’s so cute and so funny :lol::love:

brilliant!

That looks great ! lovely photo, one in bed, one under the chair :love:
Thank you! They love sitting under the little chair, and Casper loves his bed. :love:

Camera at the ready - we won't be satisfied with verbal reports . I really hope they like it. Never seen ball pool bunnies before
I'll keep my camera ready. :lol: Thanks for hoping they'll like it! There's not much to report yet; it's still napping time.

We nearly got him one while he was inside XD I suspect I'd have the same problem as Inspector Morse, semi-chewed balls after they'd been cornered and held down XD
Another bunny who would just want to chew the balls! :lol: I don't think they understand how a ball pit works. :lol:

Aww, what a great photo! That looks so fun and adorable. :love: That's wonderful that Orion had such a great time with it! :D

I've got a load of ball pool balls, been thinking about trying these for the the big guys, can't wait to see what yours think!
Ooh, if you already have the balls, it might be worth trying it out! I'll update the thread once they've told me if they like it or not.

Okay, I have four short videos (well, I have more, but I'll only post four short videos because of Imgur's video length limit). I threw some pellets and forage and pieces of celery amoung the balls to encourage them, so a lot of the videos is just them sitting still and eating, haha. I think they like it, though. They keep going back.

https://imgur.com/DbLfkYC

https://imgur.com/dKwjnhW

https://imgur.com/SgPA2gn

https://imgur.com/ZSbs0dz

Edit: Oh, hang on, the links aren't working

Okay, they're working now.

Last edited:
Back