• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possession aggressive?

Lunaandnev

New Kit
So my one year old house bun Luna bit me today? She’s spayed and free roams around the kitchen. She’s never ever been aggressive at all and loves a fuss and doesn’t even mind being picked up. However, I bought her a new ball today. She is OBSESSED with it and won’t stop playing with it. But every time I touch the ball she lunges at me trying to bite me? At first I thought she was playing, but then she bit me HARD. Why is she doing this after 10 months of having her and how can I stop her? Now I’m scared of her biting me

Forgot to add... we adopted a neutered male today and he’s in a pen that she can’t get to or see until we start bonding them tomorrow. Is there any chance that she can sense him and that’s why she’s being aggressive?

Forgot to add... we adopted a neutered male today and he’s in a pen that she can’t get to or see until we start bonding them tomorrow. Is there any chance that she can sense him and that’s why she’s being aggressive?

Theres a strong likelihood this is the case, she'll be able to smell & hear theres a bun close by which is why shes appearing so excitable. Whatever you do don't put anything (such as that ball)she is attached to in to the bonding pen with them . BTW I don't think you need to worry shes about to change her bond with you but she has told you how far you can push things. If they are grunty or pouncy with stuff its a way of telling us to back off. I really hope bonding goes well, exciting stuff her getting a friend

Theres a strong likelihood this is the case, she'll be able to smell & hear theres a bun close by which is why shes appearing so excitable. Whatever you do don't put anything (such as that ball)she is attached to in to the bonding pen with them . BTW I don't think you need to worry shes about to change her bond with you but she has told you how far you can push things. If they are grunty or pouncy with stuff its a way of telling us to back off. I really hope bonding goes well, exciting stuff her getting a friend

I agree with this. Fingers crossed for you all.

She will be able to smell your new Rabbit and possibly would attack him if he ventured into the kitchen. Introductions must be in an area she is not familiar with. Please ask for guidance if you have not had any experience with bonding.

Back