• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Joining two Hutches?

hannqh

New Kit
I was thinking about combining my current 5x2x2ft hutch with a 4x2x2ft hutch (both from the same company - chartwell) to give them a combined space of 9ft long, but was stuck on how to actually do it. I thought about cutting out the wood from either side of the hutch and using plywood to create some sort of box tunnel to join the two, but thought it might leak with rainfall. Anyone ever joined two hutches together, if so please tell me how? Or if anyone has any ideas, please suggest. Thank you!

184daef14210569710e4eadeac85fceb.jpg

315190c53f29a3455e1717a3ea2a3eb1.jpg

Last edited:
I once bought 2 hutches both 5ft x 2ft double height. The seller had joined them effectively using a very short box shaped tunnel as you described. He did it in such a way that the roofs of the hutches butted up together and then he felted over the whole lot. It was quite a good solution. However, a shed provides a better space that is easier to clean, so I fairly quickly upgraded to that!

The hutches are just temporary until I can afford a proper Shed space for them! They currently have their hutch inside 4m x 3m chicken run which they have access to all day and are just shut up at night until Summer time!😊 That sounds good though, I’ll have a look into it.

Last edited:
Would Runaround work at all? Maybe one of their connection kits.

I was looking into something like that, although their system is too long for me unfortunately): I wish they did shorter ones as they’d be perfect for this! Might just make my own, just worried about water getting into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once bought 2 hutches both 5ft x 2ft double height. The seller had joined them effectively using a very short box shaped tunnel as you described. He did it in such a way that the roofs of the hutches butted up together and then he felted over the whole lot. It was quite a good solution. However, a shed provides a better space that is easier to clean, so I fairly quickly upgraded to that!

Do you happen to have a pic of the combined hutches?

I was looking into something like that, although their system is too long for me unfortunately): I wish they did shorter ones as they’d be perfect for this! Might just make my own, just worried about water getting into it.
How long do you want? I could cut some off one of our ducting tubes (not exactly Runaround but scavenged off building sites!), send it and you could fit that, either using the Runaround connectors or jisawing a hole :)

How long do you want? I could cut some off one of our ducting tubes (not exactly Runaround but scavenged off building sites!), send it and you could fit that, either using the Runaround connectors or jisawing a hole :)

That’s a lovely offer however Im all sorted now! Orders some drainage pipe and gonna connect it using wood! Thank you anyways, I appreciate it :)

Back