• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit teepee?

daphnephoebe

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone tried a rabbit teepee with indoor or outdoor buns?
I'm considering trying one for the girls to use inside the shed, to try to combat any draft but wanted to hear thoughts and opinions?

I'm looking at installing a cat flap soon but no idea how the girls will take to that.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

This one is so over the top... but I kinda like it.

https://www.purringpuppy.com/produc...spTmpo86qM5vXxZ70nYVfE6aREHgl0E4aAhSsEALw_wcB

Wow, that's a fancy one! :D I've seen lots of them on Etsy, and they're very cute. I think a thing to consider is that it only has one opening? A lot of rabbits won't use things that only have one exit, but maybe Daphne and Phoebe don't mind that? A regular V-shaped tent doesn't have that problem, as they can go in/out through both the front and back, but that might not help much against drafts, and I don't know if there are pet-sized ones. I have a kids' tent for Casper and Sophie, so it's a lot bigger.

oh that's nice, think my Treacle would pee in it :roll:

They normally did when inside, but since outside they seem much cleaner.

Wow, that's a fancy one! :D I've seen lots of them on Etsy, and they're very cute. I think a thing to consider is that it only has one opening? A lot of rabbits won't use things that only have one exit, but maybe Daphne and Phoebe don't mind that? A regular V-shaped tent doesn't have that problem, as they can go in/out through both the front and back, but that might not help much against drafts, and I don't know if there are pet-sized ones. I have a kids' tent for Casper and Sophie, so it's a lot bigger.

Thanks for the input. Both girls are normally okay with the one way in/out as that's how most of their stuff work that I've brought and not made myself.

I'm considering buying a nice self heating cat bed, and making my own teepee frame for it before investing in a shop brought one.

I made one out of some bamboo canes that I had lying around and a spare sheet but mine weren't interested at all! They'd pop in from time to time but they just ignored it mostly. You could try that method to see how they take to it before buying one.

for my previous rabbit, I gave her an covered cat bed that she loved, ended up buying her 5 for each room so wherever she was she had a little hidey house

you can get them pretty cheap from any pet shop, even places like Wilkinson, TK Maxx, B&M and some supermarkets

for my previous rabbit, I gave her a covered cat bed that she loved, ended up buying her 5 for each room so wherever she was she had a little hidey house

you can get them pretty cheap from any pet shop, even places like Wilkinson, TK Maxx, B&M and some supermarkets

Thanks all. I've ordered them a self-heating bed for the time being. Once better weather is here I intend to build more areas in the shed so may build a shed teepee ;)

Back