Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rabbit teepee?

  1. #1
    Wise Old Thumper daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,744

    Default Rabbit teepee?

    Has anyone tried a rabbit teepee with indoor or outdoor buns?
    I'm considering trying one for the girls to use inside the shed, to try to combat any draft but wanted to hear thoughts and opinions?

    I'm looking at installing a cat flap soon but no idea how the girls will take to that.

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

  2. #2
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,040

    Default

    Not tried one, don't think I've actually seen one either, but sounds like a good idea
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,744

    Default

    This one is so over the top... but I kinda like it.

    https://www.purringpuppy.com/product...4aAhSsEALw_wcB

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

  4. #4
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,040

    Default

    oh that's nice, think my Treacle would pee in it
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daphnephoebe View Post
    This one is so over the top... but I kinda like it.

    https://www.purringpuppy.com/product...4aAhSsEALw_wcB

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Wow, that's a fancy one! I've seen lots of them on Etsy, and they're very cute. I think a thing to consider is that it only has one opening? A lot of rabbits won't use things that only have one exit, but maybe Daphne and Phoebe don't mind that? A regular V-shaped tent doesn't have that problem, as they can go in/out through both the front and back, but that might not help much against drafts, and I don't know if there are pet-sized ones. I have a kids' tent for Casper and Sophie, so it's a lot bigger.

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    oh that's nice, think my Treacle would pee in it
    They normally did when inside, but since outside they seem much cleaner.

    Quote Originally Posted by a reader of books View Post
    Wow, that's a fancy one! I've seen lots of them on Etsy, and they're very cute. I think a thing to consider is that it only has one opening? A lot of rabbits won't use things that only have one exit, but maybe Daphne and Phoebe don't mind that? A regular V-shaped tent doesn't have that problem, as they can go in/out through both the front and back, but that might not help much against drafts, and I don't know if there are pet-sized ones. I have a kids' tent for Casper and Sophie, so it's a lot bigger.
    Thanks for the input. Both girls are normally okay with the one way in/out as that's how most of their stuff work that I've brought and not made myself.

    I'm considering buying a nice self heating cat bed, and making my own teepee frame for it before investing in a shop brought one.

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

  7. #7
    Mama Doe Orenoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    I made one out of some bamboo canes that I had lying around and a spare sheet but mine weren't interested at all! They'd pop in from time to time but they just ignored it mostly. You could try that method to see how they take to it before buying one.

  8. #8

    Default

    for my previous rabbit, I gave her an covered cat bed that she loved, ended up buying her 5 for each room so wherever she was she had a little hidey house

    you can get them pretty cheap from any pet shop, even places like Wilkinson, TK Maxx, B&M and some supermarkets

  9. #9

    Default

    for my previous rabbit, I gave her a covered cat bed that she loved, ended up buying her 5 for each room so wherever she was she had a little hidey house

    you can get them pretty cheap from any pet shop, even places like Wilkinson, TK Maxx, B&M and some supermarkets

  10. #10
    Wise Old Thumper daphnephoebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    10,744

    Default

    Thanks all. I've ordered them a self-heating bed for the time being. Once better weather is here I intend to build more areas in the shed so may build a shed teepee

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Even the strongest need to have a day of weakness

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •