• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding issues after vet visit.

Wabbets

New Kit
I have two female rabbits and bonding was going well. Bonding was great after a couple months and there was not many major issues. I took one of them to the vet to get fixed and things have crazy since. The one that had surgery tends to stomp the moment the other gets remotely close. So the once that got fixed gets chased around. I'm wondering if this is normal and work itself out or if I should start bonding them in the bathtub and other ways again?

Neutering changes their hierarchy and therefore you will have to re-bond them from scratch in a neutral area. I assume the spayed Doe is now recovered from her op? Even if you had them both spayed they would possibly have fallen out. Also the other point to mention is that after being neutered, a Rabbit's hormones spike for a while which adds to the problem. If you are planning on having your other Rabbit neutered it would be best to wait until after her spay before you attempt to re-bond them.

Tried to get them at the same time. The vet found a heart murmur in one of them and that's why only one went through the op. The vet was not comfortable with doing the op on the one with the heart murmur.

Back