• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giant conversations...

dollyanna

Alpha Buck
Captured this the other day, their first time out in the snow. I thought it was such a lovely little demonstration of rabbit talk, but am also amazed because I have never seen Freja refuse to groom Odin when requested, and have seen even less Freja ask for grooming and being given it, however brief!
They just fascinate me, I could watch them forever, they're somehow so subtle and yet so clear at the same time.

Beautiful!

I’d love a Giant but Hubby isn’t keen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an absolutely beautiful video. :love: I've watched it five times now. It amuses me how, after Freja chins the branch, Odin immediately chins it, too, as if to say, "No, it's mine." :lol: And Freja got some grooms after asking for them! I totally see how you could watch them forever. :love:

what a fantastic video on so many levels :love:

Isn't it? Each time I watch it I notice another little detail. There's a real shift going on between these two I think, as Odin becomes more relaxed and chilled, and Freja matures and comes into her own. It's a far cry from where we started!

What an absolutely beautiful video. :love: I've watched it five times now. It amuses me how, after Freja chins the branch, Odin immediately chins it, too, as if to say, "No, it's mine." :lol: And Freja got some grooms after asking for them! I totally see how you could watch them forever. :love:

They spend hours chinning round the garden, often over the same ground, but have done it more since the snow and frost - maybe to make it more familiar again?
I have never ever seen Odin accept a request for grooming, so this is huge.
The more I watch them, the more I think all rabbits should at least have the chance of a bond, there is no way us humans could fill in all of this detail however hard we try.
They're remarkably similar to the ponies in so many ways, but maybe easier to observe because they are smaller, you can see all the interaction in one eyeline - the ponies are sometimes too "big" to see all at once.

Beautiful!

I’d love a Giant but Hubby isn’t keen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My hubby is entirely responsible for us having these, it was me that wasn't keen on even having rabbits...until Odin turned up and I was just instantly besotted. Couldn't leave him there. Life will never be the same again!

They spend hours chinning round the garden, often over the same ground, but have done it more since the snow and frost - maybe to make it more familiar again?
I have never ever seen Odin accept a request for grooming, so this is huge.
The more I watch them, the more I think all rabbits should at least have the chance of a bond, there is no way us humans could fill in all of this detail however hard we try.
They're remarkably similar to the ponies in so many ways, but maybe easier to observe because they are smaller, you can see all the interaction in one eyeline - the ponies are sometimes too "big" to see all at once.
Oh, maybe the snow and frost make everything "new" in a way, yes... It's so good of Odin to give Freja some grooms when she requested them. I hope that from now on he'll do it more often. :love: I definitely agree with you that all rabbits should at least have the chance of a bond with another rabbit. We don't speak rabbit language, so a rabbit will never be able to connect to us in the same way they can connect to another rabbit.
That's so interesting that rabbits are so similar to ponies! I don't know any ponies, so I wasn't aware of that.

Briliant, thankyou for sharing :D I agree about the little things they do :lol: And even unobservable things that go on between them :D

Back