• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe advice

Willow218

New Kit
I've got a microwave heat pad from B&M that is similar to the Snugglesafe. We heat it up but it's cold within an hour, so I'm wondering if I should invest in the real Snugglesafe.

Does the heat last all night with the snugglesafe. My buns can't snuggle up with each other as I've had to separate due to one being a boy!

For two days now their water has been frozen solid and I'm so worried they're cold at night. They seem happy enough though, they he e loads of straw and a box in the bedroom, plus thru have a bedroom each as hutch is huge.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

My buns snugglesafe is warm up to 12 hours later, I'm amazed how well they keep their heat. However, this is for an inside bun & snugglesafe is buried betwwen fleeces & blankets. On occassion I've heated it & forgotten to actually put in situ & its cold next morning (say 8 hours later). You need input from outdoor bunny owners who use snugglesafe & hopefully that'll come soon.

My buns snugglesafe is warm up to 12 hours later, I'm amazed how well they keep their heat. However, this is for an inside bun & snugglesafe is buried betwwen fleeces & blankets. On occassion I've heated it & forgotten to actually put in situ & its cold next morning (say 8 hours later). You need input from outdoor bunny owners who use snugglesafe & hopefully that'll come soon.
Yea we used them outside, they'd be done around 11pm and the next morning would still be warm and the hay above would still be warm. But as you say, it was on a really thick layer of straw and hay, maybe 20cm deep? And then more on top, a thinner layer though, this was in the nest box area on the second level too. My buns loved them, they'd let you put them in then they'd come straight over and settle down on them (we put two in next to each other) and sometimes more in other places upstairs depending on the temperature. We never had water bowl freeze as we used to put one next to the water too if it was going to freeze or under it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yea we used them outside, they'd be done around 11pm and the next morning would still be warm and the hay above would still be warm. But as you say, it was on a really thick layer of straw and hay, maybe 20cm deep? And then more on top, a thinner layer though, this was in the nest box area on the second level too. My buns loved them, they'd let you put them in then they'd come straight over and settle down on them (we put two in next to each other) and sometimes more in other places upstairs depending on the temperature. We never had water bowl freeze as we used to put one next to the water too if it was going to freeze or under it.

That's good to hear. I think all outside buns should have snugglesafes - just like their wildie cousins:lol:

I'd say it was the best things I've ever bought but BB kindly gave me ours. Mouse spoons hers:love:

Snuggle safes are just brilliant, Treacle has one in her bed, and Georgie puss has one in his igloo, I've even slept with one myself :D

That's good to hear. I think all outside buns should have snugglesafes - just like their wildie cousins[emoji38]

I'd say it was the best things I've ever bought but BB kindly gave me ours. Mouse spoons hers:love:
They really are great, we have like 7 of them [emoji38] indoor buns have them sometimes too, Atticus especially loves one. We also have the cooling ones you put in the freezer for the summer they're not by snuggle safe though, but they are brilliant too [emoji38]

Snuggle safes are just brilliant, Treacle has one in her bed, and Georgie puss has one in his igloo, I've even slept with one myself :D
I've slept with one too [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Whose:shock: Georgie Porgies or Treacle buns? Either way, shame on you petsmum:lol:

I use snugglesafe heat pads outside - the guinea pigs currently have 2 under a pile of hay. They are usually not quite cold in the morning (9am) from bedtime (6pm ish). Putting 2 together makes them last a bit longer. They give out a nice gentle heat for several hours, especially if under a pile of hay.

You can also put one under a water bowl to stop it freezing overnight.

I use them without the fleece covers, and wrapped in a sheet of newspaper to keep them clean. The fleece covers just get hay stuck in them.

I've been tempted to use one myself recently. Thy are so versatile and virtually indestructable.
Daughter bought one for herself instead of a hot water bottle - she took it to Uni.

The fleece covers just get hay stuck in them.
And poo, and weed on and chewed :lol: We still have ours but the linings have disintegrated. Ours are Snugglesafe branded ones and they lasted about 5hrs in the open air which was between 0C and 2C the other day. I've also never had a big water bowl freeze with one underneath and we've had it go to about -8C: they fit perfectly under the big ceramic 'DOG' bowls :D

Thanks everyone, I'll get two ordered then. I can't wait to get them neutered so they can be together again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I think you can stack two together to make the heat last longer.

My buns are usually surgically attached to theirs even inside. They love grooming them.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Back