Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Snugglesafe advice

  1. #1

    Default Snugglesafe advice

    I've got a microwave heat pad from B&M that is similar to the Snugglesafe. We heat it up but it's cold within an hour, so I'm wondering if I should invest in the real Snugglesafe.

    Does the heat last all night with the snugglesafe. My buns can't snuggle up with each other as I've had to separate due to one being a boy!

    For two days now their water has been frozen solid and I'm so worried they're cold at night. They seem happy enough though, they he e loads of straw and a box in the bedroom, plus thru have a bedroom each as hutch is huge.

    Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    18,566

    Default

    My buns snugglesafe is warm up to 12 hours later, I'm amazed how well they keep their heat. However, this is for an inside bun & snugglesafe is buried betwwen fleeces & blankets. On occassion I've heated it & forgotten to actually put in situ & its cold next morning (say 8 hours later). You need input from outdoor bunny owners who use snugglesafe & hopefully that'll come soon.

    www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix

  3. #3
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    My buns snugglesafe is warm up to 12 hours later, I'm amazed how well they keep their heat. However, this is for an inside bun & snugglesafe is buried betwwen fleeces & blankets. On occassion I've heated it & forgotten to actually put in situ & its cold next morning (say 8 hours later). You need input from outdoor bunny owners who use snugglesafe & hopefully that'll come soon.
    Yea we used them outside, they'd be done around 11pm and the next morning would still be warm and the hay above would still be warm. But as you say, it was on a really thick layer of straw and hay, maybe 20cm deep? And then more on top, a thinner layer though, this was in the nest box area on the second level too. My buns loved them, they'd let you put them in then they'd come straight over and settle down on them (we put two in next to each other) and sometimes more in other places upstairs depending on the temperature. We never had water bowl freeze as we used to put one next to the water too if it was going to freeze or under it.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    18,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Yea we used them outside, they'd be done around 11pm and the next morning would still be warm and the hay above would still be warm. But as you say, it was on a really thick layer of straw and hay, maybe 20cm deep? And then more on top, a thinner layer though, this was in the nest box area on the second level too. My buns loved them, they'd let you put them in then they'd come straight over and settle down on them (we put two in next to each other) and sometimes more in other places upstairs depending on the temperature. We never had water bowl freeze as we used to put one next to the water too if it was going to freeze or under it.

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    That's good to hear. I think all outside buns should have snugglesafes - just like their wildie cousins

    I'd say it was the best things I've ever bought but BB kindly gave me ours. Mouse spoons hers

    www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix

  5. #5
    Forum Buddy Pets mum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    10,276

    Default

    Snuggle safes are just brilliant, Treacle has one in her bed, and Georgie puss has one in his igloo, I've even slept with one myself
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

  6. #6
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    That's good to hear. I think all outside buns should have snugglesafes - just like their wildie cousins

    I'd say it was the best things I've ever bought but BB kindly gave me ours. Mouse spoons hers
    They really are great, we have like 7 of them indoor buns have them sometimes too, Atticus especially loves one. We also have the cooling ones you put in the freezer for the summer they're not by snuggle safe though, but they are brilliant too

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    17,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Snuggle safes are just brilliant, Treacle has one in her bed, and Georgie puss has one in his igloo, I've even slept with one myself
    I've slept with one too

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    18,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Snuggle safes are just brilliant, Treacle has one in her bed, and Georgie puss has one in his igloo, I've even slept with one myself



    Whose Georgie Porgies or Treacle buns? Either way, shame on you petsmum

    www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix

  9. #9
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    4,624

    Default

    I use snugglesafe heat pads outside - the guinea pigs currently have 2 under a pile of hay. They are usually not quite cold in the morning (9am) from bedtime (6pm ish). Putting 2 together makes them last a bit longer. They give out a nice gentle heat for several hours, especially if under a pile of hay.

    You can also put one under a water bowl to stop it freezing overnight.

    I use them without the fleece covers, and wrapped in a sheet of newspaper to keep them clean. The fleece covers just get hay stuck in them.

  10. #10
    Mama Doe
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    4,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    Snuggle safes are just brilliant, Treacle has one in her bed, and Georgie puss has one in his igloo, I've even slept with one myself
    I've been tempted to use one myself recently. Thy are so versatile and virtually indestructable.
    Daughter bought one for herself instead of a hot water bottle - she took it to Uni.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •