• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian Bunny - October 2017 - 7th January 2021

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Lillians bell finally fell silent on Thursday morning. Our beautiful Lillian fell into her forever sleep in my arms, breaking our hearts beyond words.
This is Lillians journey with us....
We adopted Lillian in October 2017. She had been deliberately starved in her former care, and our male rabbit, Ben, had just lost his wifebun, Georgina. Lillian had a gentle temprement and we felt that she would be a good match to Ben. Sadly Ben passed shortly after we got Lillian and we were not able to bond them. And as we didn't wish to leave Lillian on her own, we searched for a suitable husbun for Lillian. Our search ultimately led us to find Henry - a gentle and intelligent little nethie with a tremedouns spirit and Lillian and Leo quickly bonded. Whilst differing in size, Lillian and Leo were an inseperable pair, deeply loving of each other and both very much content.
Sadly Lillian lost Henry a year ago which came as a shock to all of us, not least to Lillian. Her heart was broken as ours were. Although I did not feel ready to find another hus-bun for Lillian, we wanted Lillian to have a special rabbit in her life. That seach found Leo, and he has been Lillians hus-bun for the last year.
Lillian fought many battles with urinary issues. She showed amazing courage and strength of character and recovered from majr surgery to remove bladder stones. Sadly these urinary issues continued with Lillian and she would develop spasm attacks frequently - which may have been as a result of the treatment she had in her former care. Despite all those painful episodes, Lillian continued to be a gentle and determined rabbit, who loved being in the garden and adored sunbathing in her special spot at the top of the garden.
Lillian developed a very special tallent of ringing a bell whenever she wanted some food in the living room. Many times I have come down for breakfast and just sat down to eat my breakfast when I would hear ...'ding' from the bell and an impatient Lillian would be sitting by the bell, looking with expectant eyes. If you didn't get the food quick enough, Lillian would ring the bell until she did get the food. Lillian was and will remain, a very special rabbit.
Lillian was also immensly proud and honoured to be recognised in the RWSA and she was labelled as 'the queen of sploof' and she was honoured to be alongside the master of the sploof - Toby. Lillian enjoyed looking at everybuns sploofs and hopefully her legacy is the growing numbers of bunnies who perform sploofs for their carers.
Lillian fell asleep in my arms, and she has gone to the bridge where I hope she will find Henry waiting for her. Lillian had many friends through the forum, friends whose love and support helped her so many times. Our hearts are broken as our Lillian has gone from us, but she has left many memories for us to share.
I just miss her so so so very much.
Love you always Lillian
Craig, Jan and Leo xxx

Last photo of Lillian on Tuesday when she came back from the vets.
jUjggQn.jpg
[/IMG]

Lillian could sploof
dxCJKSd.jpg
[/IMG]

She was inseperable from Henry
wvpc0gQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Just Lillian
yfQEg9b.jpg
[/IMG]

And the last footage I took of Lillian over xmas

Such a lovely tribute Craig, and I'm so sorry for you, Jan and Leo. Binky free with Henry Lillian xxx

Beautifully written Craig, Lillian was a very special bun and will always be remembered xxx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Oh Craig, what a wonderful tribute to your Lillian.
I started to watch the videos but will have to come back to them later as I'm already in tears.X

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful bunny, Craig. I didn't know her well, since I'm new, but she always sounded like a very strong, brave, special, and lovely bunny to me, and I was always sorry for the health problems she had to deal with.

Lillian is such a gorgeous bun and her floofy sploofs where so cute. I am sorry she had to leave you and Leo, she will always be remembered. :cry:

I very rarely venture onto Rainbow Bridge but had to read Lillian's tribute. Such a beautiful post about a very special bunny.

Binky free Lillian xxxx

A beautiful tribute Craig. You and your family have been in my thoughts this week. Those photos and videos are so precious and you will have such wonderful memories of Lillian to hold on to xx

I’m so sorry you lost your special girl :cry: thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Binky free Lillian xx

So sorry to hear about Lillian [emoji22]Hope you are all bearing up ok.

Hope she is happy hoppiting with Henry now [emoji178]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Back