• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thank you to everybun

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
I just wanted to take a moment in between the tears to say Thank you so much to everyone for all your kind and supportive words yesterday. The warmth and support that you all sent means so much and I cannot express the words enough to show how greateful both my wife and I are. We are still very much in considerable shock today and it has and continues to be extremely hard.
My wife woke up crying this morning - she is finding it even harder than I am. We have both spent today very tearful and I'm struggling to focus and concentrate.
Unfortunately I collapsed this morning - my wife found me and I'm a bit better now. I slept on the sofa again last night as I felt I wanted to be close to Lillian and also wanted Leo to know I was here. I left the living room door open and he came in to the living room during the night. His little paw patterns are markedly different from Lillians. But I've had about 8 hours sleep since Monday. I had a splitting headache and stabbing pain behind my left eye since about 4am and felt extremely sick. I've not eaten since breakfast yesterday and everything right now is a huge effort. I've spent as much time as I can with Leo and given him strokes and cuddles. Despite umpteen headache remidies, I've still got a splitting headache and my bottle of lucozade is emptying fast.
We had planned to lay Lillian to rest today next to Henry but it was absolutely freezing last night and the ground is frozen solid. So we will have to look at the weekend to lay Lillian to rest. Snow is forecast this afternoon and on top of that, despite my wife being off work as per her agreed contract, she is still having to work all afternoon due to the remote classroom learning set up. And she is finding it hard. Depsite her own grief, she is still having to work on what is her day off.
We will move forward slowly as best we can. But the support and kindness from all of you is a comfort beyond words.
Thank you all so very much
Craig & Jan xx

Hi Craig,
it's so sad. I was thinking about you and Lillian all evening yesterday and it must've been a huge shock for your wife.
My love to you all and Pepper sends nose rubs to Leo xxx

Craig its us that should be thanking you for sharing a beautiful bunny like Lillian, I feel I "know" her from your posts and was so very upset to learn of her passing.
You must be kind to yourself and your health is so important, please take care of yourself and your loved ones. xxx

I've been thinking of you too Craig, and Jan and little Leo also. Please take it easy, and look after yourself. Big hugs to you both, and a nose rub for Leo from Treacle bun xxx

I'm thinking of you and your wife and Leo as you're all grieving Lillian, Craig. I'm so sorry your wife doesn't have time to herself right now because she has to work even on her day off. That's awful and very unfair. I hope your headache will get better soon, too, and that the weather will be warmer this weekend so you can all lay Lillian to rest next to Henry.

You have been in my thoughts at work today. I hope are feeling better and Leo is still ok. Thinking of you all and sending big hugs xx

Back