• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want house bunnies

Beapig

Mama Doe
Hammy bubz had to come in with Jellybean the other morning - there was a hard frost overnight and the chill got to him so he didn't want breakfast :( He's been okay since, but I loved having them inside for a couple of hours and it makes me want house bunnies soooo badly.

Our house isn't big enough though, so we'd need to move or extend. We were thinking of moving in the next two years but, I'm motivated to make it sooner than that now.

Tell me all of the reasons why it's nice having house bunnies!!

20201230_122224

20201230_123716

Last edited:
yeah they're great if you need your carpets dug up & holes in your sofa :lol:

Or walls peeled :lol: I’ve found, with the right bunnies at least, having house bunnies is great :love: you can interact with them more easily and keep a close eye on them. It wouldn’t have worked with some of the bunnies I’ve had previously because of their temperament and personality.

I love Treacle being indoors, she's been in ever since we lost her brother five years ago. She has her own room, but spends most of her time under the coffee table in the lounge. She never does naughty nibbling, cat has shredded the sofa and stair carpet :roll:

The thing I love most about house bunnies is having their company all day long. They're the best company. I love just hanging out in their room with them for hours, or sitting in the living room with them, either watching them or all of us just doing own our thing, but still being together. I love the background noise of their little feet on the floor, or of them playing and throwing stuff around, or eating stuff. I love seeing them first thing in the morning when I go into the living room. I very much also love not having to go out into the cold to see them. :lol:

I love the photos of them on their little hay bed peeking into the room, by the way.

I love having house bunnies:love: I really like it when they are lounge based but can free roam, I miss not seeing Joey & Boo all the time now they are upstairs free roaming but based in our bedroom. They make me laugh so much & I think the house setting must help. I've never seen my bunnies in the bathroom but did find a bunny poo in the shower cubicle a while back :lol: That said my first house bunnies drove me absolutely nuts with their destructive behaviours/ bad toilet habits, its a wonder I'm still keeping them 23 years later.

I love having house bunnies:love: I really like it when they are lounge based but can free roam, I miss not seeing Joey & Boo all the time now they are upstairs free roaming but based in our bedroom. They make me laugh so much & I think the house setting must help. I've never seen my bunnies in the bathroom but did find a bunny poo in the shower cubicle a while back :lol: That said my first house bunnies drove me absolutely nuts with their destructive behaviours/ bad toilet habits, its a wonder I'm still keeping them 23 years later.
Yes, this, too! They're always making me laugh, too.

as reader of books says, I think its just the joy of sharing space with them & bunny sounds are the best (I save noisy nibbles & feed under my bed so I can go to sleep listening to them :lol:)

Its the best thing. You get to see all their behaviours and you become part of their bunny warren.

We have a small house, but the buns are free range, with a couple of rooms out of bounds to keep them safe! (Bathroom and Kitchen)I dont know if we are just super lucky, or because they have so much space, but they haven't been very destructive. Archie only chews things that he deems are in his way. E.g skirting

Most important things to be aware of

Things will get chewed
Cables must always be protected
You will find hay everywhere (even in your dinner)
Errant wees and poops are likely
They can fit in surprisingly small spaces

At lastly you will start to sing weird bunny songs at them and spend way too much time just watching them.

Perhaps try it for a month and see how it goes. I love how they get rambunctious when I try to have a lie in. Or do binkies when I get home.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I'm so jealous you guys, it sounds wonderful :love: I'd be highly amused if I found a bunny poop in the shower cubicle :lol: When I had Jellybean inside for 6 months when we first got her (before it was warm enough to bond her outside with the others) she would come and check in on me in my office/studio next door. Sometimes she would jump on my lap while I was working, too. I really miss that feeling of a warm bunny on my lap!

2019-06-16_08-46-56

Last edited:
as reader of books says, I think its just the joy of sharing space with them & bunny sounds are the best (I save noisy nibbles & feed under my bed so I can go to sleep listening to them :lol:)
Yes! I find the noises of them eating always so reassuring and nice. :D

Me too. I love the sound of hay munching. Skirting chewing is slightly less relaxing. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Me too. I love the sound of hay munching. Skirting chewing is slightly less relaxing. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Understandable. :lol:

I'm so jealous you guys, it sounds wonderful :love: I'd be highly amused if I found a bunny poop in the shower cubicle :lol: When I had Jellybean inside for 6 months when we first got her (before it was warm enough to bond her outside with the others) she would come and check in on me in my office/studio next door. Sometimes she would jump on my lap while I was working, too. I really miss that feeling of a warm bunny on my lap!
Aww. :love:

Yes! I find the noises of them eating always so reassuring and nice. :D
Omg yes the sound of hay being eaten is one of the best sounds, I find it so relaxing and calming [emoji7] it's just occurred to me how weird that is, that I have such a strong reaction to that noise [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Omg yes the sound of hay being eaten is one of the best sounds, I find it so relaxing and calming [emoji7] it's just occurred to me how weird that is, that I have such a strong reaction to that noise [emoji38]

Yes! Hay eating noises are my favourite bunny eating noises! I find it such a peaceful, calming sound as well. I don't care that that's weird. :lol:

Yes! Hay eating noises are my favourite bunny eating noises! I find it such a peaceful, calming sound as well. I don't care that that's weird. [emoji38]
I could lay down and zone out listening to buns eating hay [emoji38] it's the best, I used to lay down near Clementines hay and she'd just sit there eating [emoji38]

Back