• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian bunny - 7th January update - sadly she has passed

Craig, I'm so very sorry. :cry: I can't express how sad I am for you. Some things just make no sense as to why they happen and leave us torn. Lillian had the best advocate in her corner and the most blessed life with you, your wife and Henry and Leo. I'm so very sorry she has left us. She will be so deeply missed. :cry:
I wish there were anything I could do to change this for you. Please be kind to yourself at this difficult time. We're all here with you.

I agree that as terrible as it is to witness, it was good that you could be together at this moment. You needed to be with one another in this instance as the alternative wouldn't bear thinking about. She knew how loved she has always been and always will be. I would venture it was nothing foreseeable or preventable that has taken her from you. :cry:

You mentioned timing...it is almost 4 years to the day that our dear Pip passed suddenly and in my arms at home. I can imagine your grief. I hope that she has met your beautiful lady and perhaps they've found a kindred spirit in one another. My Pip was much like Lillian from what you've told us of her. I will miss hearing her stories. :cry:

Sleep peacefully, Lillian. You were loved by so many you never knew. And we'll all miss you so. :cry: xxxxx

Oh no Craig, I've just come on and read your post, so so sorry, I'm in tears for you. I know how very much loved Lillian was by you, your wife and little Leo. She went to sleep knowing how much she was loved by you all. Wish I could give you a big hug Craig xxxx

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and words. They are all so very special.
My wife just returned from work but didn’t know Lillian had passed as she didn’t look at her phone. So she sort of came in all jolly and unaware. She is now totally inconsolable and it has hit her extremely hard. She is terribly upset that she didn’t get chance to say goodbye.
I am comforted by all your thoughtful words and hugs and knowing you are all there helps. But I’m afraid we all know the deep pain that a loss brings and my wife and I will shed many many more hours and days of tears.

:cry: :cry: I’m so sorry that Lillian has passed Craig. You have been her guardian angel and done everything you possibly could for her whenever she was unwell. I am in tears and I will miss her so much. She is a big part of RU that will never be forgotten. :love: I wish I could take the pain away, please give Leo a cranberry from me. Binky free Lillian girl we will miss you so much :cry: :cry: xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Craig I'm so so sorry, but please don't blame yourself in anyway you always did the best for Lillian and she was an amazing bunny.
You are one of the greatest bunny dad's ever and you gave Lillian the best life.

She will be missed by all of us on here Craig x

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Craig I am so so sorry to see this update, I can only imagine how you must be feeling. It's so easy to think what if I'd done this or that, I think we all know that guilt well, but you ALWAYS did the right thing by Lillian and she really could not have asked for a better life than she had with you. She knew she was loved and she would've felt safe until the very end.

Gentle hugs to you all xx

I'm so sorry to hear about Lillian, from what I saw of her she was a real character, and you did everything you could for her. She was very lucky to have you as her bundad. I'm glad Leo has had an opportunity to say goodbye as well. Sending hugs to you all. Binky free Lillian xxx

I’m so very sorry. You gave her the very best possible care, there was nothing more that you could have done. Sending love and hugs xxx

I am so sorry Craig. [emoji24] Lillian was a special bun and you gave her a wonderful happy life. I know she will be missed by everyone on here.

Just think, she's bouncing happily in magic bun land, surrounded by her favourite treats and lovely Henry. Dont blame yourself, give Leo a hug and his favourite treat.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

This is terribly terribly sad to hear - I think I have read every single post of yours about Lillian, and Leo - and their bonding experiences meant so much to me when I was struggling.
One thing has been consistently clear though, and that is the level of care and understanding you have given your rabbits. Your attention to detail with Lillian has been remarkable.
I would also hazard a guess that if Lillian could have had her say, she would have been glad that you hadn't turned around, so that she was able to pass away in your arms at home, and not in the arms of strangers or in a car. So never ever feel that you should have turned around, there is a reason that you didn't, I am sure of that.
Huge hugs to all of you, especially little Leo xxxxxxx

Thank you all so much again. It’s hard fighting back the tears. I’ve not stopped and they’re still rolling down my cheeks.
Leo has sat next to Lillian tonight - I think it’s important that he is allowed that special time to say his bunny goodbyes to someone that he loved and relied on. Lillian’s bell has fallen silent and our home feels much emptier now.
I am comforted by all your lovely thoughts and kind words. It is clear that Lillian had many friends on here whom she never met but whose hearts she touched.
Bless all of you.
Craig xx

Craig, I have just seen this thread and am so so sorry to hear this :cry: You're an incredible bunny caretaker and Lillian knows how loved she was. These next few weeks are going to be particularly hard...we will all be here for you x

Edit: Can I just add that it's so easy to overthink the 'what-ifs'. Please do not be hard on yourself one bit - we never know what the future holds...it was her time. I still often wonder to myself, what if I had acted more quickly with Beatrice. But it's never that simple. Sending so many hugs to you <3

Last edited:
Back