• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day, Chibbs!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Chibbs has been with us a whole year :D It wasa cold wet and horrible day when I took lpsy to meet her at Burrowed Hearts: it wasn't love at first sight and Lopsy was really scared of her and the new surroundings, but both were fine when the came back home. They're not as snuggly as Lopsy and Aboleth but I think Lopsy likes her more ;P

Link to photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1pycFHyK4KmAQcCY7 (Bonus Lopsy pics)

She's a hilarious fluff sausage. Shes not very smart and she falls off/fails to make landings on things about as often as Lopsy. She leaves food when she's had enough (so Lopsy sometimes eats it XD He needs more calorioes TBH). She does 2-3 zoomies round the lawn when we let them out there. She's test-chewed everything. Everything, including Matt. She doesn't like things being in the way of her escape routes, so she nips/humps Lopsy to get out of the way, and she digs at Matt's arm if it's in the way too long (I've never been able to provoke this response) and she bit him once :lol: She's never needed grooming and she doesn't much like it when we try (she's not got much longer fur than Lopsy, and her mane is quite sparse thankfully). We do tease bits out from her mane when we find then :) She has tiny but very fluffy feet.

When she arrived, we think she'd been in a hutch all her life. She enjoys space. She had never periscoped for food obviously, and by June-July she was a pro: it's also harder for her because her feet are so diddy. She'll come and take food from your hand and has learnt (like all our bunnies) that gloves = food :lol: That's all Matt's fault! She has teeny tiny ears :love: Apparently her claws are super sharp, we've had them cut twice at the vets now! But she doesn't sit still, she runs all over the place, she doesn't stay anywhere for long unless she's sleeping. And when you've got access to up to five areas, that's a lot of moving around!

Lopsy and Aboleth both had the same 'stroke me!' head position, down close to the floor. Chibbs likes to hold her head up :roll: She's often hard to find because, who'd've thought it, agouti bunnies are well-camouflaged outside! :lol: She's the same colour as our concrete XD We've not found a food she doesn't like that she should and she's motivated Lopsy to eat thrings he wouldn't before :lol: She does eat whatever's put in front of her first: at pellet time they get kale stalks and sometimes other things in their bowls, and she eats what goes in her mouth first while Lopsy digs through to the pellets first :lol:

She really LOVES chewing, preferably branches and twigs but she'll start on newspaper, wooden supports etc. if necessary :lol: The other day she was UNDER the branch she was chewing XD never let a weird position stop you :lol: She loves a good tunnel once she knows where it's going too :) She was very cautious at first but she's first out 99% of the time now when we attach the lawn tube :)

She's now ~6, about 1.5yrs behind Lopsy, and she acts a bit younger than him :) Aboleth acted about the same age. She likes to leave a trail of poos sometimes like Aboleth did, but she seems to have got back into the habit of weeing in the right places :lol: She's gotten used to 'fighting' for food too, but Lopsy's still a bit bigger so he can just about bully her out of the way :lol:

We're looking forward to many more Chibbs-y years :D

What a lovely post about Chibbs. :love: Happy Gotcha Day to her! The pictures are great, too. My favourite is the little video of her chewing something. They have such a wonderful amount of space, too. :love:

Thanks everyone, she's enjoying afternoon rosemary on her own (I did sneak Lopsy extra pellets as it's so cold and he needs the extra calories but I made him work for them by putting them in the hay-filled litter tray :lol:).

What a lovely post about Chibbs. :love: Happy Gotcha Day to her! The pictures are great, too. My favourite is the little video of her chewing something. They have such a wonderful amount of space, too. :love:
Thankyou for your lovely comments :D Chibbs is eating crispy hazel leaves, it was so hot and dry and windy they'd mostly dried by teatime from being fresh cut that morning! Lopsy was also doing something noisy XD Chewing an apple stick by the look of things! They're currently restricted to hutch-run-playhouse+occasional lawn as the dogcrate's been removed to allow access to the external walls but as we haven't had anything from the Govt re: Geen Homes Grant yet, nothing's been done :roll: But it's the hardest bit to move, the hutch is much easier, hence why it's gone and the hutch hasn't! I really need some new pitures of their space TBH!

Thanks everyone, she's enjoying afternoon rosemary on her own (I did sneak Lopsy extra pellets as it's so cold and he needs the extra calories but I made him work for them by putting them in the hay-filled litter tray :lol:).

Thankyou for your lovely comments :D Chibbs is eating crispy hazel leaves, it was so hot and dry and windy they'd mostly dried by teatime from being fresh cut that morning! Lopsy was also doing something noisy XD Chewing an apple stick by the look of things! They're currently restricted to hutch-run-playhouse+occasional lawn as the dogcrate's been removed to allow access to the external walls but as we haven't had anything from the Govt re: Geen Homes Grant yet, nothing's been done :roll: But it's the hardest bit to move, the hutch is much easier, hence why it's gone and the hutch hasn't! I really need some new pitures of their space TBH!
Oh, hazel leaves! I wonder if Sophie and Casper would like some; there's a tree at my parents' house... It sounds like they still have a good amount of space. :)

Back