• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

tamsin!!!!

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
tamsin

ihave order the ss for the bunnies with the soft poos, some of the babies dont eat there (it starts with c sorry cant remember how to spell it, there first poos

do you think it would be a good idea to change all of the rabbits to ss and if so at what age can i change the babies food?

thanks Eve x

I think it would be a good idea to change all the buns over, its easier just feeding one brand.

Babies have very delicate tummies so I wouldn't make any changes to their diet until they are about 14-16 weeks.

For both the adults and the babies you'll need to do a gradual swap between foods over about two weeks.

The back of the pack should give you a guide to the amount, about 50g per day for a medium sized adult rabbit. Feeding too much can give them excess poo. Make sure they get plenty of hay to munch during the rest of the day, its really good for their teeth and tummys.

I hope they like it :D

Tam

i was tod to ab-lib the babies food so i do one big bowl between 3 a day. and they go through loads of hay, but some are still producing lots of soft poos!!

thanks for the advise
and your time

xxx

Back