• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orion & his treat ball

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
fb680d60dc9d0dcea6f03d5fe47db2a2.jpg

I’d like to note this lasted him all but 5 minutes so maybe I’ll make the hole super duper small next time [emoji38]

also got a living world train and treat for him to try. just trying to keep him occupied + moving since he’s on his own :( he’s becoming really reclusive, and I want to encourage him to be out & moving as much as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww :love: Fern likes her treat ball, and she also has a boop a lot too, which is great.

Treat balls are definitely a favourite with my Reggie as well. Both mine love a Weave-a-ball though, it's their absolute fav! I love seeing them enjoy themselves :love: I hope Orion comes out more & more soon :)

Last edited:
Aww, I'm glad he had 5 minutes of fun with his treat ball. :love: I'm sorry Orion's becoming really reclusive. :( I hope he'll like the living world train and treat toy, and playing more with his treat ball, too.

Do be careful if he is new to food toys not to make it harder too soon - you want him to really enjoy the toy and the process before he has to work much harder, not just want the food. So even if it only lasts 5 mins, stick with that for a bit longer and make the hole smaller gradually - the aim is for it to be fun, not a chore! Some of the best things in life are short lived, think of bungee jumping or a rollercoaster, you might enjoy it for a few mins but if it lasted an hour you'd probably go off them for life :D

I have a 3 in 1 puzzle toy that I bought when Lilac was on her own, she loved it and it kept her busy for ages. Now she's worked it out of course it's no good to her any more but it did encourage her to do something and also reassured me!

Dennis had one of these when he lived with my mum. He nibbled all the carrots off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do be careful if he is new to food toys not to make it harder too soon - you want him to really enjoy the toy and the process before he has to work much harder, not just want the food. So even if it only lasts 5 mins, stick with that for a bit longer and make the hole smaller gradually - the aim is for it to be fun, not a chore! Some of the best things in life are short lived, think of bungee jumping or a rollercoaster, you might enjoy it for a few mins but if it lasted an hour you'd probably go off them for life :D

I know, but thank you! :D he had one a long time ago, he def knows what to do with it :lol: slams it into walls and throws it hahaha

I know, but thank you! :D he had one a long time ago, he def knows what to do with it :lol: slams it into walls and throws it hahaha

That's ok then! I love it when they really understand the game and you can have some fun with it :D I just see so many people give up too soon, or so many frustrated animals when people have made it harder to make it last longer, would hate to see that here!!
My guys have a new one, I need to get a video of it, but it's fab, they can dig at it and jump on it and all sorts - usually they just flip it over though :lol:

That's ok then! I love it when they really understand the game and you can have some fun with it :D I just see so many people give up too soon, or so many frustrated animals when people have made it harder to make it last longer, would hate to see that here!!
My guys have a new one, I need to get a video of it, but it's fab, they can dig at it and jump on it and all sorts - usually they just flip it over though :lol:

its been a looong while since he had one. Luna being blind had difficulty with them and would get quite upset. usually he got it when I had them apart for her to eat her pellet (she took her time, bless her). since moving tho, I lost the damn thing, so I'd figured I'd get another! he loves it. altho he keeps rolling it under the couch, brat :lol:

Back