• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to indoor and I'm scared I'm doing something wrong!

xlaurax

Mama Doe
So after 8.5 years outside the rabbits have had to come inside recently due to Bluebell's health (see my other posts for back story).

Anyway I have them in the dining area of the kitchen / diner. They're far away from the oven and hob etc. I'm concerned about a few things:

1. Cleaning. I use Fabulosa in the kitchen. I've recently learned it's toxic. So I avoid using it in their half of the room. Between them and the area I use it there's 7 feet of space so there's no risk of over spray but I'm wondering if the smell can upset them?

2. Smells of cooking. This is unfortunately unavoidable as the only place I have room for them inside is the dining area. Again, this wasn't a planned move, they've always lived outdoors. Can the smell of food make them ill? God I sound dumb :lol: I'm sorry I'm just genuinely not sure about indoor bunny care at all!

3. They're not the best at always weeing in the litter tray. Are puppy pads safe to use? I'm using towels at the moment but I'm having to change them almost daily.

Many thanks!

We only use water and washing up liquid. Don't like anything toxic, so hot water and a bit of fairy should work.

I use puppy pads for my disabled bunny, they are great and both my bunnies use them.

I've not noticed our buns upset by kitchen smells, although there are some noises they don't like. I think puppy pads are fine to use
Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Ours live in the dining room, they don't particularly like some kitchen noises but smells don't seem to bother them too much.

I use a vinegar/water solution for cleaning in those two rooms for anything I can as it's fine for them.

Some things it just takes some time to used to,I try and prewarn them if there's something I know they're really bothered by. So for instance the microwave I call out before I put it on and it's taken ages but they now aren't bothered by it.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Fern hates the tumble drier. So I dry clothes on the radiator instead :lol: she’s ok with everything else!

Thanks everyone. I feel like it's a bit of a mine field at the moment and I just want to be sure I'm doing what's best

Puppy pads are fine if they don't rip them up / eat them. You can put towels or vetbed etc on top so the floor is protected

Back