• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed herb experiment :(

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
I took a wander around Tesco hunting for new herbs and leafy green things [emoji16]
I stumbled across Salad Cress in a cute little tub looking all fresh and perfect as a little spoil...

Naturally it didn't really take [emoji2356]

Salad cress experiment https://imgur.com/a/5mmABcA

These are the looks I got in between the vids [emoji1787]
3555903b67358b6ec217ff90d95d062d.jpg
bbda43b911caba459f8ee6f1f5170261.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Aww, looks like Athie eventually decided it was worth eating, though! But Zeus doesn't seem impressed with it at all. [emoji38]
Hehehe yea think Athie's resistance got worn down by the pretty greenness [emoji16] but Zeus's little shake after sniffing it again did make me laugh [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Athie has eaten a bit more of it but Zeus is avoiding it like the plague [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I guess Zeus would be happy to never see it again. [emoji38] Sounds like Athie has started liking it somewhat, though!
Yup think you're right, I moved the plate to near where their food bowls are and Zeus has been giving me booty ever since [emoji1787]
Athie does seem to keep going back for a few nibbles and then leaving it.

Does seem like he's only picking the leafy bits off and not nibbling on the rest [emoji848]

Yup think you're right, I moved the plate to near where their food bowls are and Zeus has been giving me booty ever since [emoji1787]
Athie does seem to keep going back for a few nibbles and then leaving it.

Does seem like he's only picking the leafy bits off and not nibbling on the rest [emoji848]

Sounds like it's not their new favourite. :lol:

You might find if you present it again they might go for it.

Rodney is often highly suspicious of new foods and takes a few goes before he'll try it unless its disguised as something else.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

You might find if you present it again they might go for it.

Rodney is often highly suspicious of new foods and takes a few goes before he'll try it unless its disguised as something else.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Hmmm maybe I can hide it in their dinner veg [emoji848][emoji16]

The gerbils had no interest in it [emoji15]

I'm starting to think my animals are spoiled fussy brats [emoji2960][emoji1787]

Although it's called salad cress in the shops it's actually sprouting mustard leaves. It can be a bit peppery.I used to grow both in old marg tubs ,cress is much finer with small pointed leaves.Less robust for shops I suspect to move/transport etc.

Back