• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Triple whammy vacs

loobers25

Warren Veteran
Syrup-hoppington are due RHD2 followed by RHD & mxy in March. I usually bring it forward so would be due in feb.

Am I just asking uncle John for triple whammy vacs? Is it safe for an older gentlebun to have a triple whammy?

Thanks everybun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Treacle had the triple vac last year in June, and she'd never had RHD2 before as it has never been available round here. She was fine, although younger that Dennis I know. Not sure if anyone is still doing the split vaccine now ?

I didn’t get a choice when B&W’s were due last month, triple vac only.

I didn’t get a choice when B&W’s were due last month, triple vac only.

Did they just have it the same time they where due the previous vaccines?

I nearly posted a similar thread myself. I queried vacs when I ordered Mouseys drugs a few days ago. Receptionist said she didn't know which the vet would give mine as depends on vacc history, age & health. If a bunny is really old (looking & acting rather than chronological age) do they vacinate at all? I'll have answers on how my vet does it soon

Mine had the triple recently. The separate ones were due a month apart. No issues at all, and one less trip.

Sophie and Casper were 9-ish (it was two days before Sophie's birthday) when they had their last vaccinations and it was the triple one and it was fine. They're getting it again this April, when they'll be 10(-ish).

Rodney had his in Nov, I booked the triple but they were very thorough about explaining how it worked and that he could only have it if he'd had the other one within the right timescale.

They had both on standby depending on how I answered although I had changed vets between vaccines most will have the records.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone is still doing the split vaccine now ?
My vets were still using up supply in November as Chibbs had to go back for her second vacc. But they're stopping making one of them at some point and my vets are aware of that so it's just a matter of time. I'd have no isseues with mine getting the triple, it's one less car journey!

Perfectly safe as long as Bunny is in overall good health.

There is a specific protocol for changing to the Triple vaccine

https://www.msd-animal-health-hub.co.uk/ahp/rabbit-switching

Thanks Jane

So we are group two boosting with the triple whammy

2587a87ffbda6a736e282d779ad75176.jpg

I wonder why rabbits can’t have some sort of once a lifetime vaccination like hoomans?

Don’t worry they have updated the website. Works out abit cheaper than before? Can’t really remember

Rabbit Combined Myxomatosis/ RHD1 +2 triple vaccination
(will include free nurse check or discounted vet check six months post-vaccination if booked at vaccination)£65.00
RHD-2 and Myxomatosis- RHD-1 only vaccines available on request

Back